PDA

View Full Version : Guasti 4-5-09

MAN VS WILD
04-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Hit up Guasti with FishWhisperer (Mark). Got there at 7am and was about 10th in line. Gates opened at 7:30 and the race was on to get a spot. This was my first time there. Everyone was setting up on the west end of the lake. So we decided to hit the east end. Set up and see schools of stockers swimming by. There was also some nice size carps about 5 of them swimming together. As we get our line in the water these guys working at the park said a 14 pounder was caught the day before at the tournament. They also said that a 7lber was caught over to the left of us and that it was on fire there the day before. So FishWhisperer walks over to the docks and I walk to the left. He was catching left and right over by the docks and I was also catching the same to th left. There was only about 4 people to the left and after about 2 hours the word must of got out and that side of the lake was packed. A guy caught a 5 lber on powerbait around 9 am. I was using a slit shot with an orange power worm and that was on fire. Caught a bunch of stockers and gave them to the families around me. There was 2 families that were out there but weren't catching anything, I tried to tell the dad and his brother were to fish at and what to use so the kids would catch but I think they thought I just wanted them to move. Not the case, so I went to the spot where I told them and it was on. Soon their kids started to come over watch me and and the other people catch fish left and right. I started letting the kids reel in the fish and keep them. Me and a couple of other guys had them lining up to reel in the fish. Then the dad and his brother came over and started to use my advise. I gave them my spot and now the whole family was having fun pulling in fish one after another. After that I went to join Mark on the dock. I set up a white mini jig with a red tail under a bobber and it was on. There was 5 of us on this dock and we were all hooking up like crazy. We gave all of our fish to some kids and guys that were there just watching. It was a fun day of fishing. Nothing caught was bigger than a lb 1/2 but was fun hooking them up. These little guys also put up a good fight. I think that was the last stocking of the season. I wish I would of hit this place up sooner in the season.

JediMindTricks
04-09-2009, 07:47 AM
sounds like a good time. and after a tournament too?! suprised theres still fish in there.

p.s. that was the longest paragraph ever. through a space in there from time to time. almost to hard for me to read. lol

phantom 34
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
sounds like you had a blast out there and to give kids your rod to reel em in thats awsome bro. great report keep up the good work and lets see when we get together and go bass fishing.
GO PHANTOMS!!!!