PDA

View Full Version : fishing on Sunday 4/12

04-08-2009, 07:41 PM
hi everybody, so i'm fishing at DVL on Sunday with my gf and her family. We've rented a pontoon. Those that are experienced with DVL, would you mind telling me about the good spots on the lake that I should take the boat? I'm going to fish for bedding bass, trout, and catfish.

I've fished from the shore before over by the east dam, but as for boating experience at DVL, i have none. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'd like to hook her family on fishing so they can join my gf and I whenever we go.

fishmagic
04-09-2009, 01:39 AM
I would fish any of the ladder at the east dam or the west dam. After that, go to the opposite side of the west dam and fish the points along that side. I have caught many bass there. Last, I would fish restroom 2 cove for bass, trout, panfish, and catfish. Hope this helps and good luck. Post back how you did.

04-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I would fish any of the ladder at the east dam or the west dam. After that, go to the opposite side of the west dam and fish the points along that side. I have caught many bass there. Last, I would fish restroom 2 cove for bass, trout, panfish, and catfish. Hope this helps and good luck. Post back how you did.

Hi, when you say "go to the opposite side of the west dam to fish the points", are these part of the shoreline fishing area or away from the shoreline fishing area? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the ladder locations on each of the dams. Could you clarify?

samgann93
04-09-2009, 10:20 AM
there are ladders on the dam that come down into the water. i believe there is four of them on the west dam and 3 or 4 on the east dam. these are usually great spots for spawning bass.

the points in where a part of the land comes out to deeper water. they usually create steep drop off on either side where bass will hold.

Good luck out there. I really recommend drop shotting. it usually can scratch up some fish.