PDA

View Full Version : Out with the spitfire, in with the tradition

THROWBACK RANGER
04-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey all you spitfire fans, the boat was recently sold to the del rey kewks. They left the original spitfire crew members out to dry without a word and hired a bunch of kids from del rey to ruin that boats reputation. I personally think thats ****** up. But anyways those guys rebounded and now they are the new crew on the tradition which will be the 3/4 day boat for redondo sportfishing and they will be doing twilight too. FOR INFO ABOUT THE BOAT CALL REDONDO SPORTFISHING 310-372-2111

P.S. SMELT NO LONGER OWNS THE TRADITION!!!!!!

ghetto dad
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey all you spitfire fans, the boat was recently sold to the del rey kewks. They left the original spitfire crew members out to dry without a word and hired a bunch of kids from del rey to ruin that boats reputation. I personally think thats ****** up. But anyways those guys rebounded and now they are the new crew on the tradition which will be the 3/4 day boat for redondo sportfishing and they will be doing twilight too. FOR INFO ABOUT THE BOAT CALL REDONDO SPORTFISHING 310-372-2111

P.S. SMELT NO LONGER OWNS THE TRADITION!!!!!!

Yeah.....repo man came knocking.....lol...

Derek is gonna hate that galley..:ROFL:No room, huh.....at least they have a boat again...bs what happened to the crew....im sure Jackpot Jimmy is happy, and will eventually post again..we miss you lil homie!!!!

GD

Jackpot Jimmy
04-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Thank God... I was starting to get worried.

ghetto dad
04-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Thank God... I was starting to get worried.

:ROFL::ROFL:I know you better than you think kid.....lol

GD

screaming_spool
04-12-2009, 11:16 AM
called around the boat is being worked on hopefully ready to be running may 1st.

boxl0bster
04-15-2009, 06:02 AM
good to hear. too bad they got stiffed. it just goes to show that a good service keeps people coming back. ive always heard nothing but good words about the spitfire and its crew. ive been wanting to fish it for awhile now but have yet to get out on it. looks like ill be giving the tradition a try. :Wink:

ghetto dad
04-15-2009, 08:24 AM
good to hear. too bad they got stiffed. it just goes to show that a good service keeps people coming back. ive always heard nothing but good words about the spitfire and its crew. ive been wanting to fish it for awhile now but have yet to get out on it. looks like ill be giving the tradition a try. :Wink:

yeah, weve made like 20 trips on spit, and you never jumped on!! grrr...u were too busy fishing freshwater........lol
GD

boxl0bster
04-18-2009, 12:29 PM
lol dammit i know...

dfisher101
05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I understand that you guys liked the spitfire in redondo and its old crew but the fact of the matter is that the boat was not doing great and for other reasons it was sold to Captain Jeremy in Marina Del Rey. Jeremy already had his own crew that he had worked with before and that gets along and does an excellent job so he did not bring the redondo crew up with the boat, but thats not to say they were good also. And the so called "kids" on the boat that are tarnishing the reputation are actually very professional and helpful and know how to treat the customers and do anything any other deckhand could do and then some. This is a business and things happen, boats get sold and people are unhappy, just like many other businesses. So don't talk crap about the new crew and owner and landing just because you are unhappy.

deanhall32
05-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I understand that you guys liked the spitfire in redondo and its old crew but the fact of the matter is that the boat was not doing great and for other reasons it was sold to Captain Jeremy in Marina Del Rey. Jeremy already had his own crew that he had worked with before and that gets along and does an excellent job so he did not bring the redondo crew up with the boat, but thats not to say they were good also. And the so called "kids" on the boat that are tarnishing the reputation are actually very professional and helpful and know how to treat the customers and do anything any other deckhand could do and then some. This is a business and things happen, boats get sold and people are unhappy, just like many other businesses. So don't talk crap about the new crew and owner and landing just because you are unhappy.

Yeah. Take that!!

You didn't take long to mix things up with your first post!!!!!

cappo
05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah. Take that!!

You didn't take long to mix things up with your first post!!!!!

It took him 3yrs to make a first post.:LOL:

Anyways, Jeremy and Dylan will make the spitfire look just as good as the redondo crew.

LA Smoker
05-01-2009, 10:09 AM

dfisher is right, theres always two sides to a story. We dont know the whole story, no need to trash the new crew. Business is business, sh*t happens. Whens the tradition up and running?

victor101
05-01-2009, 10:38 AM

Anyways, Jeremy and Dylan will make the spitfire look just as good as the redondo crew.

+1 Ive been on the "new" Spitfire twice and im definitely making some more trips this summer once the fishing picks up a bit.

deanhall32
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM

Is the new spitfire located closer to you Cappo?

cappo
05-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Is the new spitfire located closer to you Cappo?

yup about 10mins away. I'll be going on spit and tradition this summer.

Oz
05-01-2009, 11:17 AM
people just wanna talk ish cuz things change. everyone should look at it that they still have a job and move on. im glad debo and morgan still have a job and they can keep reppin the tradition now like they did on the spit. the new spit crew is good too. so STFU and FISH!!!!! :Twisted:

deanhall32
05-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Haven't heard a post recently where someone went on a cattle boat and said the boat sucked and the crew was horrible. I guess the industry knows what people are looking for and what they need to do to attract the fisherman in our tight economical situation.

Oz
05-01-2009, 11:29 AM
yea dean-o...i havent either..they must get rid of the dead weight quick and get the right kind quick. its there reputation on the line when someone puts u on blast.

so how about those padres buddy??? :ROFL:

deanhall32
05-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Yes Oz. I watch almost every Padre game and I do suffer as you have for many years as a Dodger fan.

Padres are basically a triple-A team this year and I finally agree that the Dodgers are the best in the west this year. Wear that new-blue Dodger hat on that big-bald-white-shiny head of yours proudly this year Oz and I expect to see it when we go fishing Sunday!!

fishtacosmmm
05-01-2009, 12:37 PM
That's good info I never was on the Spitfire but the boat is famous
so the crew will be on the Tradition hu?

we'll check it out

ghetto dad
05-01-2009, 03:20 PM

I have been with Capt Jeremy and his new crew. They are a great crew, actually its funny, when i got on the boat, I thought Jeremy was my homie Jerry G for a minute....:ROFL:They look similar.....it was also funny, I know Vic felt like "Norm" from cheers cuz when he walked on the boat, a couple crew members said "Viiic!"

With that being said, and without trying to pi** anyone off, NO CREW will be as good as the crew they had on the Spitfire. From the FIRST trip we made, we were treated like gold, and this was before most of my boyz became regulars, along with the other passengers. I dont think I ever had to take ANY of my fish off, which is very rare these days on any sport boat. If anyone was hung on the bottom, they were RIGHT there to help. They all had great attitudes. Food was great, fishing was great, etc. They took great care of us.

Again, the new crew is great guys...I had no complaints on my first trip with them, cept the idiot fishing with 3 lbs of weight CASTING it about 200 yards while drifting. He also thought he OWNED the bow bait tank, and made sure to let everyone know those were HIS dabs in the front. I guess the passengers up there are a lil "diferent" than the peeps who fish outta redondo...:ROFL:and vic, i have NO idea how that water got drained outta the bow tank!! :ROFL: :Wink: Also, if they are going to give out raffle tickets, then they should actually have a raffle...:ROFL:Other than that, I will DEFINITELY fish the Spit outta Marina Del Rey again....when Im not fishing with the old crew on their new boat......peace

GD

fishon714
05-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Again, the new crew is great guys...I had no complaints on my first trip with them, cept the idiot fishing with 3 lbs of weight CASTING it about 200 yards while drifting. He also thought he OWNED the bow bait tank, and made sure to let everyone know those were HIS dabs in the front. I guess the passengers up there are a
GD

I don't blame him for casting it 200 yards, it's probably the only way he could catch fish since he didn't get there early enough to get on the back of the boat.

I've been on the Spitfire 2 times a last year and the crew was awesome. The only thing that prevented me from becoming a regular on that boat were the "territorial" regulars that sat glued to the rear of the boat. They have every right to be there since they show up 3 hours before the boat leaves. Matter of fact I think some of them sleep in the parking lot to get the first tickets.

Anyhow, I prefer the landings out of San Diego (Seaforth and Fishermen's Landing). Crews are just as good and the people rotate spots (they still guard their spot, but if you cast to the side and the bait ends up in the back, they will let you in). This of course doesn't matter in most fishing situations, but for calico bass (Pursuit is known for calico fishing) it's important if the massive kelp bed holding fish is in the back.

ghetto dad
05-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't blame him for casting it 200 yards, it's probably the only way he could catch fish since he didn't get there early enough to get on the back of the boat.

I've been on the Spitfire 2 times a last year and the crew was awesome. The only thing that prevented me from becoming a regular on that boat were the "territorial" regulars that sat glued to the rear of the boat. They have every right to be there since they show up 3 hours before the boat leaves. Matter of fact I think some of them sleep in the parking lot to get the first tickets.

Anyhow, I prefer the landings out of San Diego (Seaforth and Fishermen's Landing). Crews are just as good and the people rotate spots (they still guard their spot, but if you cast to the side and the bait ends up in the back, they will let you in). This of course doesn't matter in most fishing situations, but for calico bass (Pursuit is known for calico fishing) it's important if the massive kelp bed holding fish is in the back.

lol..get their earlier man...most boats dont rotate anymore.....and ive NEVER had a prob with their regulars...they were actually really cool with us.....

GD

Jackpot Jimmy
05-07-2009, 06:45 PM
The regs are very nice once you get to know them. Learned a lot while fishing with them.