PDA

View Full Version : New boat rental fees at Piru

KID-FISH
04-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Hey everyone,

Went out to Piru last weekend and found out the rates for boat rentals has gone up. For a four man aluminum boat, it was $40 for half day, (which they consider only 4 hours anyway) and now is $50. A full day was $60 and is now $75. Not sure about the pontoon rates, but if you are interested in going and renting a boat, you might want to call ahead of time so you can plan.
So much for helping with the recession, the lake is so low right now, you can access a lot of it by foot anyway. I guess they have to make their money somehow, but it sucks because now they are they same as Castaic's full day rate, or has that gone up too?

Hope this helps everyone with their planning. Good fishing to y'all.

KF

joe man
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey everyone,

Went out to Piru last weekend and found out the rates for boat rentals has gone up. For a four man aluminum boat, it was $40 for half day, (which they consider only 4 hours anyway) and now is $50. A full day was $60 and is now $75. Not sure about the pontoon rates, but if you are interested in going and renting a boat, you might want to call ahead of time so you can plan.
So much for helping with the recession, the lake is so low right now, you can access a lot of it by foot anyway. I guess they have to make their money somehow, but it sucks because now they are they same as Castaic's full day rate, or has that gone up too?

Hope this helps everyone with their planning. Good fishing to y'all.

KF

The boats are all new are they not? It is still too pricy for this tightwad but I think I heard they had new equipment.

KID-FISH
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
The boats are all new are they not? It is still too pricy for this tightwad but I think I heard they had new equipment.

Hey suckerfish, I'm giving everyone a heads up, if money is not a problem for you, then you're lucky. The boats are in good condition, this is for others are who might appreciate the info, so don't sweat it.

joe man
04-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey suckerfish, I'm giving everyone a heads up, if money is not a problem for you, then you're lucky. The boats are in good condition, this is for others are who might appreciate the info, so don't sweat it.

Like I said I am a tight wad. Thanks for the heads up.

KID-FISH
04-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Like I said I am a tight wad. Thanks for the heads up.

If I misunderstood you, I apologize for responding the way I did. The message is interpreted differently person to person and it irks me sometimes when people have smart comments, especially when you are just giving them some information.

No ill feelings on my side...good fishing to you.

WJC71
04-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes, they are new boats
And the lake is only 20 ft. from full pool
BTW....... They are doing a ton of improvements up there.
So, if you don't wanna spend the money, park up on the road, hike down and fish for stockers on the shoreline.:Smile:

GeordyBass
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
we shouldnt fish and kill those stockers C&R only!!!They are a part of the environment!!!

We should release stripers too!!!Invasive species are good for lakes!!LMB will all get eaten in the lakes like pyramid or castaic so it's fine.:Secret:

lurk 182
04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Yes, they are new boats
So, if you don't wanna spend the money, park up on the road, hike down and fish for stockers on the shoreline.:Smile:

really only twenty feet from full pool? the entire bay that the old ramp was in is out of the water in the last post i saw.

WJC71
04-09-2009, 06:57 PM
really only twenty feet from full pool? the entire bay that the old ramp was in is out of the water in the last post i saw.

Most of the slope in that bay is going to be taken out because alot of that dirt is runoff from last year's rain. I don't think they're gonna reopen that side
any time soon. I based the level on the the height of the Piru Inlet, the water marks over in Cow Canyon and the depth that is shown on my electronics. (comparing those depths to whats in my log)

fishincrave
04-09-2009, 09:09 PM
20 more feet and cow cove will have plenty of little coves to fish at can't wait but i doubt it will happen this year.

pokerface12
04-10-2009, 01:51 AM
For the yak guys, it's ten dollars to launch each kayak on top of the entrance fee.

KID-FISH
04-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I spoke with some of the guys at the boat launch about the water level. If what they told me holds true, they are trying to get the water level up by summer. I like that lake a lot and fished there when I was a kid, sad to see it the way it is now.
I hope the improvements they make help out the fish population and I wouldn't mind paying the fees, if there was more lake to fish. I think I'll just buy a float tube and kick my way out.

camman
04-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Yes, they are new boats

I think one improvement they need to do is get rid of all that floating debris on the lake...I thought a few years ago they were going to get something to remove it but I guess they never did

thepuma
04-10-2009, 10:42 AM
If I misunderstood you, I apologize for responding the way I did. The message is interpreted differently person to person and it irks me sometimes when people have smart comments, especially when you are just giving them some information.

No ill feelings on my side...good fishing to you.

LOL..... written words are so often mis-interpreted. When joe said "this tightwad" reffering to himself, Kid thought...anyway :Smile: I hate the way written words come out with multiple meanings sometimes. Glad you caught that quick.

KID-FISH
04-13-2009, 09:32 AM
LOL..... written words are so often mis-interpreted. When joe said "this tightwad" reffering to himself, Kid thought...anyway :Smile: I hate the way written words come out with multiple meanings sometimes. Glad you caught that quick.

Yeah puma, it's tough to judge if a comment is directed towards you or not, I guess it is a little funny the way I took it. Maybe I just need to go out and do some fishing to unwind, LOL!

SpawnX14
04-13-2009, 06:10 PM
we shouldnt fish and kill those stockers C&R only!!!They are a part of the environment!!!

We should release stripers too!!!Invasive species are good for lakes!!LMB will all get eaten in the lakes like pyramid or castaic so it's fine.:Secret:

Hmmmm... Correct me if I'm wrong but Piru doesn't have stripers.

Hitts0n
04-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Too much money 4 me.......