PDA

View Full Version : nph april 7th

CPRfisher
04-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Hit the harbor up today from about 3pm till 7pm from my tube. Started out near some houses across from the coast guard dock on the east side of bay. Plan was to work my way towards the jetties along the coast guard dock. After i got in the water was tied up with a 4 inch BH in a brown color and was just slow trollin it on the bottom along the docks when i felt some weight. The weight started to move and i set the hook. This fish was BIG. It took off under the dock. After about 15 secs of peelin drag it had gone down about 4 docks. I tighted up the drag turned its head back to me and started crankin. I had about 10 feet on it when it turned and went the other way again peeln drag. This time it wasnt stoping and my line was rubbin hard agaisnt the dock and next thing i know the beast was gone. Not sure what it was but my guess would be either big hali or bat ray. Well after that i was a little bummed but worked the coast guard dock for about 20 or so spotties all 14-18inches and one pretty nice sand bass that was 20 1/2 inches and real fat. Was back at the car by 7pm loaded up and home by 8. Not a bad day for 4 hours of fishing. Sorry no pics was fishing alone and didnt want to risk dropping the camera in the drink.

Till next time

CPR

Wingnut
04-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Now that's a productive four hours, well done. I would like to think that the big one that broke you off was a monster Butt, maybe he'll be hungry again by the time I get there this weekend. :Wink:

FishBalls
04-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Nice post - I have never tubed the Harbor just Perris and Laguna - but your post makes me wanna get out there soon. Any tips?

slixx
04-08-2009, 07:14 PM
WTG on the short session, too bad about the Monster

Jaysuuun
04-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Twenty spotties in 4 hours! What a slaying! Sorry to hear about the lost fish though. I hate when that happens. :Angry:

ItchyBass
04-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey were you out there around 7 PM? If so i think i saw you there.