PDA

View Full Version : 2.00 dollars off coupons.

freshone
04-07-2009, 10:18 PM
took the kids fishing, thought i can use the coupons for kids too. The worker at the gate
said only for adults only, so i ask him where does it say adults only on the coupon.He said
it dosent so i started to complain and he said to email them the complaint, So i told him keep the coupons and i gave him the rest of all my coupons they gave out at the fred hall show and told him im going to irvine lakes. The day started bad but ended great. Me and my two girls caught a total of 12 fish. It was a good move not fish sarl.I hope sarl will stop ripping familys off and honor your coupons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until then no more sarl for my
family.

HelloBendo420
04-07-2009, 11:38 PM
sarl is the worst:Angry:

no service, rude, unfriendly, smart a$$e$.
they take the fun out of fishing.
guys in the shop and on the porch are happy to hear that you don't catch fish.
it's hard to spend money on a place that treats customers that way.

Joshua
04-08-2009, 08:37 AM
took the kids fishing, thought i can use the coupons for kids too. The worker at the gate
said only for adults only, so i ask him where does it say adults only on the coupon.He said
it dosent so i started to complain and he said to email them the complaint, So i told him keep the coupons and i gave him the rest of all my coupons they gave out at the fred hall show and told him im going to irvine lakes. The day started bad but ended great. Me and my two girls caught a total of 12 fish. It was a good move not fish sarl.I hope sarl will stop ripping familys off and honor your coupons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until then no more sarl for my
family.
I have been taking my daughter fishing since she was about 9 months old. She is almost 9 She has never been inside the gates of SARL.
She has caught many a fish at Irvine, Her personal best is 5#. We have fished the lagoon and the main lake. From shore and from boat. We have camped there several times and we always have a great time. Irvine is better equipped to deal with kids. They have the playground and actual scenary. Not the 91 FRWY.
We are planning a trip in the near future. Just need a schedule free Saturday..

crappiemike
04-08-2009, 12:19 PM
they shouldA honored your coupons period!!!! all sarl is "MUD HOLE" with stock fish

THNX FOR YOUR REPORT,,

cm

The Angler
04-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow they didnt want to discount the 4 dollars ? They must have been acting like it was freakin $15.00 off!:mad:

Mondo21
04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
That is one funny story! I'm sure it wasn't funny when it happened. Irvine Lake has a beautiful scenery,even if you don't catch fish. I live in the San Fernando Valley and don't mind the drive going,coming back that's a different story. Ha! Ha! Cindy:Razz:

CASTAWAY
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
family.

That sucks about the discount situation. I had twenty coupons one time and tried
to use all of it at a single outing. Of course they said I couldn't do that.
I asked them where does it say on the coupon that I couldn't use them.
They said it doesn't. So I told them I'm catching all your fish tonight. Ended
up getting skunk.

Next time you have those coupons, don't give them back to the lake, give
them to me, I'll catch all their fish for you.

Have fun at Irvine Lake.:Smile:

The Angler
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM
So i told them i was catching all there fish,Ended up getting the skunk

LMAO

BIGRED KILLA
04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
That sucks about the discount situation. I have twenty one time and tried
to use all of it at a single outing. Of course they said I couldn't do that.
I asked them where does it say on the coupon that I couldn't use them.
They it doesn't. So I told them I'm catching all your fish tonight. Ended
up getting skunk.

Next time you have those coupons, don't give them back to the lake, give
them to me, I'll catch a their fish for you.

Have fun at Irvine Lake.:Smile:

LOl SKUNKAWAY

Bigred

luckie33
04-08-2009, 09:12 PM
hey mike was this a short black guy working the gate...he give me the same kind of b.s. last year...then come to find out he didn't even know wtf he was talking about. i think his name is arlean..

boxl0bster
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
man that sucks! good thing you guys slayed it at irvine! i have a bunch of those coupons as well and have yet to have problems with them. but with places such as these and crappy print out coupons like theirs i dont go in expecting them to work EVERYTIME or at all, unlike the coupons you get out of the sunday paper.

Joshua
04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Dont give the coupons back. Hand them out to everyone in line

pokerface12
04-10-2009, 01:47 AM
I use to fish this lake a lot, when I was younger. I no longer support them for reasons like this. If they clean up their act a little, I might be back. For now I'm spending my money elsewhere.

vellefromhell67
04-10-2009, 03:46 AM
where are these $2 off coupons? going to head over to the lakes tomorrow, I looked all over the site but don't see them :Sad:

goodguy
04-10-2009, 07:48 AM
where are these $2 off coupons? going to head over to the lakes tomorrow, I looked all over the site but don't see them :Sad:

I think he said he got them at the fred hall show...

Seng90806
04-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I use to fish this lake a lot, when I was younger. I no longer support them for reasons like this. If they clean up their act a little, I might be back. For now I'm spending my money elsewhere.

TRUE THAT!!! what the heck is 2 bucks when you make so much money already...i also use to fish this lake alot but its getting worst every time out...but i still somehow find myself over there once in a while....LMFAO

gavin310
04-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Dont give the coupons back. Hand them out to everyone in line

That's an awesome idea. Teach em a lesson

Fisherman57
04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
family.

I understand your frustration FreshOne!

I am curious though.....

According to Santa Ana River Lakes website.... they charge $9.00 for kids...
http://fishinglakes.com/sarl_info.htm

and according to Irvine Lake's website..... they charge $11.00 for kids...
http://irvinelake.net/irv/viewtopic.php?t=108

Now I don't have a discount coupon in front of me that I can look at, but if I remember right, doesnt their coupon say something to the effect that the "coupon cannot be used with other discounts"? Obviously, the kids are already discounted and the coupon would not apply IMO.

So, as I read it, you packed up and drove over to Irvine Lake and ended up paying $6.00 more.

$2.00 more for each kid and $2.00 more for yourself (by not using the $2.00 off coupon at SARL).

Please understand, I dont make the comparison to point out anything other than the price difference as I think BOTH lakes have very fair pricing.

I certainly understand your frustration and respect your opinion BUT, based on your pricing argument, I hardly think they are "ripping off families".

Their websites indicate that BOTH lakes offer fair pricing for families.

Now of course, there are other pros and cons, some members here like Irvine and some members here like Corona and Santa Ana River Lakes and I think its great we are all able to have a CHOICE!

Now, with that said, if it were me, I would have honored the coupon ONE TIME and then politely explained to you how the coupon can be used and hopefully saved a customer.

Marley
04-12-2009, 09:33 PM
I understand your frustration FreshOne!

Now I don't have a discount coupon in front of me that I can look at, but if I remember right, doesnt their coupon say something to the effect that the "coupon cannot be used with other discounts"? Obviously, the kids are already discounted and the coupon would not apply IMO.

Yup, right across the bottom of the coupon. Says the same thing at the gate. $9 to take a kid fishing, even with a 3-fish limit, that's a pretty good deal.

LunkerLover
04-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I have to say, no offense to any Corona regulars/employees on here, that I have been to Corona ONCE and WILL never give them my money again. My whole family (7 hardcore fresh-H2O fishermen) feels the same way and all have taken the no-Corona vow with me. Rude people, acting like I don't matter to them ... screw that place... sorry - just had to vent...