PDA

View Full Version : Carp!!!!

Ifishtoolittle
04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Why do we see them as trash fish? I mean just like any other fish they were introduced and killed off native species. If you read this post please give me your opinion about the fish. Personally I enjoy the fight, but will only eat them if I am truly hungry.

joe man
04-08-2009, 06:45 AM
They are not good to eat IMO, they tend to take a lake over, and they do damage to the beds of other fish. I do like catching them on occasion but I do not like seeing a lake that is over run by them.

NOAHNATOR
04-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Carp are a blast to fight, but I rather go for something else, that isn't eating all the eggs, killing the lakes eco.

If you enjoy the fight, catch one, throw it away and do it all over. There are enough carp at Lake Elsinore to last you 10 seasons of good carp fighting.

P.S. You can give them away too. Alot of people make soup with them.

goodguy
04-08-2009, 07:51 AM
I love carp! Not to eat but to catch... I think they are a very unapreciated and misunderstood species... One of the hardest fighters around!

Ifishtoolittle
04-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah carp is a underated game fish, but I think they are pretty decent to eat.

cutbait
04-10-2009, 07:58 AM
They are not good to eat IMO, they tend to take a lake over, and they do damage to the beds of other fish. I do like catching them on occasion but I do not like seeing a lake that is over run by them.

What he said with the exception of their taste. Wouldn't know what they taste like and would starve before I ate one of those nasty creatures

fishaddicted
04-10-2009, 08:46 AM
i would not want carp in any lake that has good bass fishing (even though there is)because they do eat the eggs and damage the beds. take cotton wood cove at lake mohave that place is over run with carp. they will just take over most small lakes.