PDA

View Full Version : Help on trout fishing @ City lakes

ronniek524
04-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Hello all, I am planning to take my kid fishing, although i never fished for trout. I hate touching those live stuff. Can you guys help me catching them?

Rod (not something too cheap :P)

What rig, and bait.... thnx

fish4keep
04-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Go on the day the park get stock with mini jigs (white) and some drop shot power worm on 2lb test. Walk around til you find the school....

pasadenafishin
04-07-2009, 03:41 PM
fish with a carolina rig (google it for a diagram) a 1/4 ounce weight and a size 16 treble hook. put just enough powerbait on the hook to make it float. Color doesnt really matter but garlic and rainbow always work. Cast out and leave it in a holder, check it ever 15-30 minutes.
As far as rods go i would get an ugly stick lite for cheap, but its still a decent rod/reel combo. BUT get it spooled with some decent 4 lbs test line

Ifishtoolittle
04-07-2009, 06:48 PM
You can't touch live stuff?! What kind of fisherman a are you? LOL J/K. Well for rods I would get the Berkely cherrywood series, reels I'd go with the Pfluger Trion GX, and line choose P-line or i-zor. All of this would be about a $80 set-up. Now as far as lures go PB always works and dropshotted trout worms can also work.

ronniek524
04-08-2009, 07:09 PM
You can't touch live stuff?! What kind of fisherman a are you? LOL J/K. Well for rods I would get the Berkely cherrywood series, reels I'd go with the Pfluger Trion GX, and line choose P-line or i-zor. All of this would be about a $80 set-up. Now as far as lures go PB always works and dropshotted trout worms can also work.

:)... Well i stopped fishing with live stuff for awhile, and don't feel like touching those crawling stuff :P. Just feel weird now :P

Thnx everyone for the replies :)