PDA

View Full Version : Kim Kardashians Butt does not have anything on this butt..

ToadsToadsOnly
04-06-2009, 03:26 PM
I been itching to hit up the surf knowing it’s that time of year again when the halibut fishing goes off . But due to work and the weather not cooperating I have not been able to hit up the surf until yesterday evening. I dropped my Lady off at work and told her Babe I’m going to get me a big halibut today. Got to the surf right around 5:30pm fished it a bit but I did not like the conditions at the spot I was at so decided to make a move. I arrived to my second spot right about 6:30pm as I was pulling up I saw some great rips from the parking “heck yea!” Walked to the spot saw clean water, good rips all down the beach, bait fish, heck it even smelled like a fishy day. So I started fan casting the surf with a LC Zebra Sardine pattern (I think that’s what the patterns called) I fished every single rip really hard but not avail. I was starting to get frustrated normally when I see rips that big its hookup city. About an hour into it I hooked a decent sized YFC. Then not to long after I get wacked hard HOOKUP…!!! I feel a solid fish on the other side thump thump as my rod bounces the distinctive head shake of a halibut. It starts ripping line down the beach but no more head shakes and the sheer weight and power of this fish made me start to think it was either a nice size batray or shovel nose shark. Finally I get it to color and get a brief glance at it damn… a guitar fish I look again and my heart starts racing Huge HALIBUT!! I try to drag him to the shore but he is stuck in the current I ran out to grab his tail and I get a face full of sand this goes on then im finally able to drag that sucker to the shore. Taped out at 33in my personal best Halibut did not get to weigh him but it was pretty heavy.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/IMAG0003.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/IMAG0001.jpg
short video

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/th_VIDEO0003.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/?action=view&current=VIDEO0003.flv)

They're biting go get them guys,

Toads Toads Only

Go big or go home

GeordyBass
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Ohhh man that was a classic title bro!:ROFL:

Nice flat butt you got....lol....

BIGRED KILLA
04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Sweet nice fish i need to get another legal out of the surf its been a while. Thanks for the pics and report nice flatty.

Bigred

joebass
04-06-2009, 03:53 PM
nice one.what beach were u at?

FISH_HUNTER
04-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Nice flatty!!!!! But i think kim's butt still looks better!!:rofl::rofl:

Santa Fe Eric
04-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Great Title! Great Post and Pictures and even better fishing!

Lightline
04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
yes that is a toad!!

Congrats!

Does it smell like long beACH WATER?

klocked
04-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Nice butt!! Congrats. I passed right by that spot yesterday and went on to catch nothing where I fished.

Good job!!

fish4keep
04-06-2009, 06:05 PM
It'll be fun to see how many people show up to fish there tomorrow...... ROTFLMFAO.....

BIGRED KILLA
04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
It'll be fun to see how many people show up to fish there tomorrow...... ROTFLMFAO.....

Lmao i pm him and said be carefull about your video spot.

Bigred

dorado13
04-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Nice butt that just motivated me to get out there and get my first legal butt from the sand.

Tesserz
04-06-2009, 11:31 PM
wowzers, now that's a huge butt! wayyy bigger than mine. :ROFL: awesome job! :Razz:

Wingnut
04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Sweet Butt! That's what were all after, nice job! :Envious:

TroutOnly
04-07-2009, 07:27 AM
VERY NICE FLATTIE,,,,,t/o

lurk 182
04-07-2009, 10:08 AM
i recognize those tiles. Kim's looked way better when i layed it down on em:Razz:

sansou
04-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Kudos! Very nice specimen right at the beach!

The video commentary is kinda funny....

fish_sauce
04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Wow! Congrats on the HOokUp TTO!

Wish i could have been there to see you land that thing!

(I was the guy in the brown Hodgeman waders )

After you left the spot on Sunday Afternoon, i moved further up north for a few shorties, but nothing spectacular. They started to feed around 6:30, i stuck around and walked my way alllll the way back to the breakwall but couldn't get any to commit, eventhough they were clearing the water and feeding just within a few feet of me!

Congrats again, and thanks for the post! :Wink:

Andrew

tpfishnfool
04-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Nice Butt, but i think Kims has bigger teeth....

FishBalls
04-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Nice Fish - It's Butt Huntin Time =)

troutdog
04-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Nice fish buddy, staying true to your name!

Congrats on the fat hali TTO,

TD

ToadsToadsOnly
04-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Ohhh man that was a classic title bro!:ROFL:

Nice flat butt you got....lol....

Hey, hey get it right its a big wide flat butt.

Went the next day no-one on my spot except a couple buddies I called out.

Kudos! Very nice specimen right at the beach!

The video commentary is kinda funny....

Yea, my cell phone was out of battery and I had one chance to take a picture. I asked a passer buyer to take a pic for me but unfortunately it was on video mode. Then my battery died screwed. . .

Wow! Congrats on the HOokUp TTO!

Wish i could have been there to see you land that thing!

(I was the guy in the brown Hodgeman waders )

After you left the spot on Sunday Afternoon, i moved further up north for a few shorties, but nothing spectacular. They started to feed around 6:30, i stuck around and walked my way alllll the way back to the breakwall but couldn't get any to commit, eventhough they were clearing the water and feeding just within a few feet of me!

Congrats again, and thanks for the post! :Wink:

Andrew

Thanks, If you saw me landing that halibut you would of been on the floor busting up. Evey time I tried to grab the halibut It kicked me a face full of sand, this happen about 6 times. By the time I landed the buster I had sand everywhere even sand lodged in my ear. The spot I saw you at did not look two fishy plenty of current but no baitfish or structure. When those halibut are jumping near the shore and don't want the LC the Drop Shot usually works pretty well for them.

Jaysuuun
04-08-2009, 03:27 PM
That's a MONSTER BUTTT!! I haven't done any surf fishing this year, but you've just motivated me to go. :Smile:

Evilone
04-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Very nice Butt, 33" is 17# to 18 1/2# fish, from the beach is quite the accomplishment.Good reason to have a small hand gaff in the gear

ToadsToadsOnly
04-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Very nice Butt, 33" is 17# to 18 1/2# fish, from the beach is quite the accomplishment.Good reason to have a small hand gaff in the gear

Thanks I was guessing right around 15lb but nice to know the approx weight of a halibut that size. I wish I had a hand gaff it would of been a lot easier. But then again I kinda liked the sand in my ear j/p.