PDA

View Full Version : Team Phenix 1st place finish Saturday!

mobilereef
04-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Congratulations Frank...of Team Phenix for the top finish in the Saturday tournament! Good job to the rest of you as well!

Hope to see everyone next weekend for some camping and fishing again!

Chris
Mobile Reef

the fish taco
04-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Well deserved!!!!!!! Good Luck to you Phenix Guys this weekend!!!!!

See Chris Fish
04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Watched Frank catch that beast on his float tube. He didn't have a net, so another tuber "raced" over with a net and helped him land it!!

Nice job, Frank!!

Rooster
04-06-2009, 12:12 PM
:Sad:Alot of Dq's and cheaters out this weekend. Infact Rumor has it that one of our own was one of them. Very sad :Sad:
Props 2 u Frank for not being one of them!!

mobilereef
04-06-2009, 03:53 PM
yeah...over time we are trying to weed out this kind of stuff, and all of the help you can give is appreciated.

All and all a good weekend, and cool people everywhere lets not let a bad decission ruin the weekend. I hope they learned from the mistake.

Talk to you all soon

Chris

Marley
04-06-2009, 08:09 PM
:Sad:Alot of Dq's and cheaters out this weekend. Infact Rumor has it that one of our own was one of them. Very sad :Sad:* Props 2 u Frank for not being one of them!!

And a big congrats to Frank!
I was off the water at the time and saw that whole DQ thing go down. Kristie had ahold of the sitch and rightfully pulled the trigger. If the person in question has anything at all to do with Phenix, shame on Phenix.

mobilereef
04-06-2009, 08:46 PM
The person who was dq'd was and is not on team phenix. Lets not get that confused. We have been taking action on ANY team phenix member if caught cheating in a tournament. Automatic release from the pro staff will be the result.

Hitts0n
04-06-2009, 08:57 PM
:Sad:Alot of Dq's and cheaters out this weekend. Infact Rumor has it that one of our own was one of them. Very sad :Sad:

Gee wh0 got cought cheating this time ? Dont people have reputations to kee up? Or was it just some random,unknown person?:Confused:

I know it wasn't Team Phenix,they have way too much bar b que skillz to cheat ! I heard the grub was great ! Keep the grillin' going !

I personally invite Team Phenix out for camping on April 18th,after the WON tourney! Drinking,smoking,cussing ! Cheak the Rev. boards !
Fish 0n !

Rooster
04-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Gee wh0 got cought cheating this time ? Dont people have reputations to kee up? Or was it just some random,unknown person?:Confused:

All im gonna say is the person has over 400 post on here.
Truely sad

yamafish
04-06-2009, 10:13 PM
thhttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/fishtacos.jpg + http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/ito.jpg =http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/cuffed.jpg
Really Sad
It's meant to be about fun.
Genius ..If your going to steal something ..make it worthwhile .. Like a bank bro.. (Not a trout tourney prize... hehe)
And yes.. I was there both days to witness it all go down...

~Clarification to all - Non Team57 member & Non Team Phenix member~

Out of courtesy.. I won't call you out here.. You can all figure out the riddle..

Not Cool Bro. . . .

Rodger - Yamafish

Let's not all beat this issue down...It's done and over.
It's just really sad that these actions happen in a sport that we all love.
Off my soapbox now...

ghetto dad
04-07-2009, 07:28 AM

unless we were there and KNOW all the facts, then thats what it is....a rumor....

GD

TroutOnly
04-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Team snaggers? ,,,,,,,,,,,

the fish taco
04-07-2009, 07:55 AM
everyone who has a problem with that person, pm him and im sure he would be glad to meet you face to face and discuss any issues with you........

mobilereef
04-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Man that is pretty weak "trout only"...you know very little about our team, and the sport of fishing it seems. To make a blanket coment like that without ever fishing with me is pretty mature. I am a proud member of this team and would love to show you someday how I catch big fish without snagging. Are you in the masters? we should fish together and you can watch me the whole time. Maybe then I can change your mind about the "Team Snagger" comment.

Good luck, and I hope to meet you soon on the lake.

Chris
Team Phenix

sansou
04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
everyone who has a problem with that person, pm him and im sure he would be glad to meet you face to face and discuss any issues with you........

Wow, one could almost construe your statement as thinly veiled threat to anyone making legitimate inquiries as to what transpired at the tournament...

So, um, who do we PM? :Wink:

See Chris Fish
04-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm a Team 57 member and proud of it. I camped/fished with the Team Phenix guys. They're all good in my book. You can't judge an entire team by the acts of one non-member. Just cause they hang with a Team, doesn't mean the Team is like that.
Snags...sure they happen. Dead fish being weighed in...it happens. Too many poles in the water....happens. It all shouldn't... but.
What it all comes down to is ethics. Either you have them or you don't. Both our teams have them and punish those who break the rules. That's how it is and should be. My 2 cents.

FYI---I was there, and saw things, so it ain't a rumor.

mobilereef
04-07-2009, 10:39 AM
I could not have said it better myself...

Thanks, and lets all get over this sooner than later, and talk some real fishing!

Mondo21
04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Congrats Team Phenix!!!! WTG. Any pics,or is Jimmy showing them? Cindy:Razz:

Marley
04-07-2009, 05:41 PM
unless we were there and KNOW all the facts, then thats what it is....a rumor....

GD

No rumor about it. I wasn't going to open debate on the incident, but I can confirm it. There was also an attempt by another derby entrant to weigh a fish that had already been weighed and marked as such. I saw that one, too. It would have been a money fish and would have bumped an honest entrant.
I just bought my second Phenix stick and love the heck out of them. Sounds like the Team is an upstanding group that will take the high road. Makes my Elixir feel even better.

mobilereef
04-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Glad to hear that you like the rods...to tell you the truth I dont know anyone who does not like them! With some hard work and good attitude, we can clean up the team image to match the great reputation of these rods!

I hope to see you this weekend

chris

Fishingmonkee
04-07-2009, 08:07 PM
All im gonna say is the person has over 400 post on here.
Truely sad

not helpful at all since alot of the regulars here have over 400. I hate to say it but you must be at an all time low to cheat in a fishing tournament. It's not like that person's life depend on winning so why cheat. What a shame, fish was suppose to be a fun relaxing past time/sport but cheating.....wow.....speechless.

Hitts0n
04-08-2009, 08:40 AM
we should fish together and you can watch me the whole time. Maybe then I can change your mind about the "Team Snagger" comment.

Chris
Team Phenix

Very mature responce ! Much props! TroutOnly is real cool and hopefully you 2 can do some damage together ! Much props !:Smile:

mobilereef
04-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Thats good to hear...i sure dont want new battles here! Lets have a blast this weekend ladies and gents!

Hitts0n
04-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Thats good to hear...i sure dont want new battles here! Lets have a blast this weekend ladies and gents!

Whats going on this weekend?

breeze71
04-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Man that is pretty weak "trout only"...you know very little about our team, and the sport of fishing it seems. To make a blanket coment like that without ever fishing with me is pretty mature. I am a proud member of this team and would love to show you someday how I catch big fish without snagging. Are you in the masters? we should fish together and you can watch me the whole time. Maybe then I can change your mind about the "Team Snagger" comment.

Chris
Team Phenix

What makes you think T/O was talking about Team Phoenix? You jumped the gun there mate unless you know something we don't.

sansou
04-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Mobile Reef,

"you know very little about our team, and the sport of fishing it seems."

I can't speak for what T/O knows about Team Phenix, beyond the fact allegations of snagging (and other questionable tournament conduct) and Team Phenix have been publicly discussed here... You are obviously aware of this otherwise you would not have previously claimed on this thread that you wish to "clean up the team image".

However, I will emphatically state that to claim T/O knows little about fishing is absurd. Would such a statement actually speak more about your lack of fishing knowledge?

The question is rhetorically posed, of course. :Wink:

In the interim, keep up the good work for Phenix rods. Looks like you guys have cornered the the Irvine pay lake market. Out of curiosity, is there a "Team Phenix" that regularly fishes non-pay lakes??

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-08-2009, 05:37 PM
With some hard work and good attitude, we can clean up the team image to match the great reputation of these rods!

This particular statement says it all...

I certainly won't speculate what went on in this last round cause I wasnt there to see it personally but unfortunately, there is a bad reputation put out from the past and bad stats about not disqalifying the guilty parties by the proprieters...in the past..

again, I wasn't there to see those incidents either so I cannot confirm nor deny either parties sides.

Given, that may have been in the past but things need to be laid out and the air cleared so there will no longer be doubt to any legitimate claim, if people doubt ones side of the story it's kinda to be expected with past history...

I commend you for the statement above but most will need to see action more than words to regain trust..

This is fishing....

should be pure....

should be true...

should be honorable....

this kind of doubt and dishonor would never occur in such events as a bassmaster classic or events of sorts....no one would even fathom the concept, the participants have more scruples than that.

I may be wrong in some of my assumptions and if I am I appoligize but if I am wrong there sure are allot of people making up a consistent story that speads quite a wide band of ground.

You'll have some work to do cleaning that up..

Good luck,
Gary

BingJr
04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
thhttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/fishtacos.jpg + http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/ito.jpg =http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/rfish7/cuffed.jpg
Really Sad
It's meant to be about fun.
Genius ..If your going to steal something ..make it worthwhile .. Like a bank bro.. (Not a trout tourney prize... hehe)
And yes.. I was there both days to witness it all go down...

~Clarification to all - Non Team57 member & Non Team Phenix member~

Out of courtesy.. I won't call you out here.. You can all figure out the riddle..

Not Cool Bro. . . .

Rodger - Yamafish

Let's not all beat this issue down...It's done and over.
It's just really sad that these actions happen in a sport that we all love.
Off my soapbox now...

First Picture is of Ling Cod , Ling rhymes with Bing

Second Picture is of Judge Ito whos real name is Lance. My birth name was supposed to be lance before my mom freeked out and changed it to scott

I do have more than 400 posts here.

DAMN - I hate it when I cheat. Great detective work my brudda Yama!

mobilereef
04-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Mobile Reef,

"you know very little about our team, and the sport of fishing it seems."

I can't speak for what T/O knows about Team Phenix, beyond the fact allegations of snagging (and other questionable tournament conduct) and Team Phenix have been publicly discussed here... You are obviously aware of this otherwise you would not have previously claimed on this thread that you wish to "clean up the team image".

However, I will emphatically state that to claim T/O knows little about fishing is absurd. Would such a statement actually speak more about your lack of fishing knowledge?

The question is rhetorically posed, of course. :Wink:

In the interim, keep up the good work for Phenix rods. Looks like you guys have cornered the the Irvine pay lake market. Out of curiosity, is there a "Team Phenix" that regularly fishes non-pay lakes??

WOW...just to clarify, I started this thread to congratulate Frank Duarte of Team Phenix for taking FIRST PLACE in the tournament this weekend. It was not started to talk about someone who IS NOT EVEN ON TEAM PHENIX, who tried to weigh in a dead fish. All of this BS about the comment by "trout only" saying "team snagger" is confrontational, not professional, and for someone who is a guide (who advertises on this site) to do that is just sad. If this guy ever took me out fishing and was my guide, and he had a hard day putting me on fish, I would never go on a public forum and say "troutonly cant find fish". He SHOULD give me the same respect. I am sure he is a fine guy, and a swell fisherman, but I am sure people understand that I take that comment personally.

And as for you Mr FNN Editor getting involved is pretty funny in itself. What is your axe to grind I am wondering...are you supposed to get involved with this sort of thing? I just cant help but wonder why are you are involved at all.

Thanks for the support,

Mobile Reef
Phenix Pro Staff

Chris

Mobile reef

smokindrags
04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
who ever tried to cheat you should be ashamed of yourself how are you going to be able to show your face again.as for team phenix some cool some not. one tourney two of them set 8 rod holders for two guys that got there later.plus they just try to run the show.its sad no more tournaments for me.who ever made the comment about the editor is right you should remain nuetral and please speak in plain english .

Joshua
04-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I heard Alex (AKA Hustler) was using a 4 foot green iguana as bait. Is that legal ??

SteveH
04-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Who needs these teams anyway?
If you guys are just hanging out and fishing that's cool.
If you guys are ganging up to take prime spots and save spots for your buddies, that's "not cool bro".
I won't fish the tournys. any more because my fish have placed in weigh ins and were not rewarded until I had to bring up the fact. I've also placed higher then others and been given cheaper prices. A guy who placed below me got a salt water pole and reel combo that easily cost $400. I got an ultra light set up that sells for $30 at walmart. That was enough for me.
But, as I set here and read all these gripes about this stupid team stuff, I wonder why the hell do you need a team to fish a non-team sport. Sounds like an unfair advantage to me.
This little gang war thing is stupid. Who cares who's on who's team, as if any of this matters.
Have fun at your combat fishing (the sharks and jets of Irvine lake, too funny).
Save Mondays for me, all you weekend warriors.
Let the battles begin.....

BIGRED KILLA
04-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Let's Go Team Stalked Fish.

Bigred

Joshua
04-09-2009, 07:12 AM
This particular statement says it all...
this kind of doubt and dishonor would never occur in such events as a bassmaster classic or events of sorts....no one would even fathom the concept, the participants have more scruples than that.
Good luck,
Gary
This whole thing is funny to me. Your statement was well made.
But one of the comments is off base.
There is all types of cheating in bass tournaments. I saw an entire show on ESPN about the cheats in bass fishing. Big money, bragging rights, reputation (fishing, not ethical), sponsorships
Comparing the sports chalet tourny at Irvine to the BassMasters classic is equivalent to comparing a flag football game to the SuperBowl. Yes, it resembles the same thing, but not even close. Just my opinion, Not tying to bash.

If you have winners and losers, You will have cheaters. I dont know anything about this issue, but I know human nature. By nature we are flawed. Through Jesus Christ we are redeemed. Intersting thought with Easter on Sunday

PS
Fishing is NOT A SPORT. (nor is golf, nascar, bowling, ping pong, darts, hunting, skee-ball,hop-skotch)

Team Mom & Pop (just like when I raced BMX)

JSAUCE818
04-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Let's Go Team Stalked Fish.

Bigred
Team Truck Chaser will outfish you anytime..

Hog Caller
04-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Is it just me or do the tournies always seem to have some kind of B.S. going on and aren't the same names always involved. I'm just saying, if it looks like a duck, walks like duck, it's probably a duck.
I would never waste my money on a tournament there for this reason alone.
I do like fishing the lake though and will continue to do so.

H/C