PDA

View Full Version : ICON Sunday (NO PICS) QUICK report

ghetto dad
04-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey guys,

FINALLY got to get a day of fishing in, even though I wanted a longer trip, I have to take what I can get nowadays.

Got to the landing at 6 am, thinking possibly to go out on the Native Sun. Saw big Daddy Joe with his harem of women (no, K3vin Kim wasnt among the women :ROFL:), along with about 30 other people. I observed the "talent", or lack therof going on the 3/4 day trip, and decided that it would be less of a headache to just wait and go on the ICON with the legendary Captain Shawn Morgon. Once all said and done, we had about 30 guys also, and departed LBSF at 9 am.

Shawn informed us we would be rockfishing, told us the recomended set ups, and we headed to the fishing grounds. We saw the So Cal and the Monte on in that area also, and started our first drift.

The chilis were biting well throughout the day, the secret was hitting the bottom, and bringing your bait anywhere from 20-30 cranks up (FYI, rockfish are not ALWAYS on the bottom). Me and the rest of the passengers eventually got our limits of decent quality chilis, along with a few salmon grouper. I had 9 chilis and one vic fish, which ended up being jackpot!! Finally....huh? lol

Great Capt, boat, and crew. I needed this day.....maybe by some MIRACLE i can head south and get a coronado yellow.......i can only hope...

Have a great week guys.........

GD

JapanRon
04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi ghetto dad,

Chilli's ... Bocs ... ? How did you have time to catch them with your sticking hard up on the bow slinging iron for your 'real' targets? Oh ya ... I forgot you like to actually CATCH fish !! :)

Nice report .... best of luck on going down south !! Save up your days off for when the first wave of big, log Cuda come marauding through the 'Shoe' !!

later,

JapanRon

ghetto dad
04-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi ghetto dad,

Chilli's ... Bocs ... ? How did you have time to catch them with your sticking hard up on the bow slinging iron for your 'real' targets? Oh ya ... I forgot you like to actually CATCH fish !! :)

Nice report .... best of luck on going down south !! Save up your days off for when the first wave of big, log Cuda come marauding through the 'Shoe' !!

later,

JapanRon

Thanks Ron....im going to have to reallllly try hard to get down there....I need to catch a yellow...its been awhile.....

GD

victor101
04-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Good job on the Jackpot GD...Lets hit SD sometime....next monday???

ghetto dad
04-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Good job on the Jackpot GD...Lets hit SD sometime....next monday???

very possible homie...you gonna pick me up on the way....and thats a serious question

GD

deanhall32
04-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Been a long time since a Ghetto post. Bout time!!!

I bet it was a beautiful day on the water yesterday!! Did your blood pressure drop after getting a day on the water?

ghetto dad
04-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Been a long time since a Ghetto post. Bout time!!!

I bet it was a beautiful day on the water yesterday!! Did your blood pressure drop after getting a day on the water?

lmao.....no....

it was NICE on water......hot....summer is almost here!!

GD

victor101
04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
very possible homie...you gonna pick me up on the way....and thats a serious question

GD

Ya ill pick you up Osiito_dad.....lets do this!

TShaffer
04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Way to on the jackpot ghetto dad. Hopefully you can get down there and catch yourself a yellow.

ghetto dad
04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Ya ill pick you up Osiito_dad.....lets do this!

:ROFL:

Way to on the jackpot ghetto dad. Hopefully you can get down there and catch yourself a yellow.

thanks bro....been too long, i might have to hand one off if i hook one...lmao

GD

BIGRED KILLA
04-06-2009, 02:42 PM
This report sucks with out pics jk. Thanks for the report Ghetto Dog thats good you went out now next report i want to see a yeller.

Bigred

Ricky-Ray
04-06-2009, 02:53 PM
No pics....trip didn't happen. LOL!!!!

Glad you got out there and had a bit of fun.

ghetto dad
04-06-2009, 04:26 PM
This report sucks with out pics jk. Thanks for the report Ghetto Dog thats good you went out now next report i want to see a yeller.

Bigred

No pics....trip didn't happen. LOL!!!!

Glad you got out there and had a bit of fun.

I dont have a camera anymore....PLEASE whoever knows why, dont say anything!!

Im getting another one soon....

GD

cappo
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
What you went fishing? No invite.
Nice job Jackpot_Dad

ghetto dad
04-07-2009, 07:16 AM
What you went fishing? No invite.
Nice job Jackpot_Dad

lol cuz...you were on a baller trip catching 10 lb reds.......and lings....

GD

Liteliner
04-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Cute. I'd like to see some photos. Glad you got out. Sorry I couldnt go. I was busy catchin trout.....http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=31633

ghetto dad
04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Cute. I'd like to see some photos. Glad you got out. Sorry I couldnt go. I was busy catchin trout.....http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=31633

LMAO dude....will you stop linking peeps to your thread!!! lololololol

truck trout killa

GD

fisherbabe
04-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Nice report GD! Glad you finally got your butt out on the waters and enjoyed the gorgeous day! Nice work on the JP TOO!!

Ray Lopez
04-07-2009, 10:41 PM
good job on nailing the JP GD

we need to get back out on the water again hommie it's been a while

Wingnut
04-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Congrats on the JP Steve. When are you gonna come out of retirement and hit the surf again? :Wink:

pokerface12
04-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Congrats on taking the jp, seems like a very productive day out there.

JapanRon
04-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi ghetto dad,

Truck Trout Killa !?! Ha ha ha Not a FW guy (cept flyfishin') and I never heard that one !! Know it's all in good fun !!

JapanRon

ghetto dad
04-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Nice report GD! Glad you finally got your butt out on the waters and enjoyed the gorgeous day! Nice work on the JP TOO!!

thanks FB!!!

good job on nailing the JP GD

we need to get back out on the water again hommie it's been a while

yeah, i know huh...youre too busy making those baller mirage trips!!! miss ya homie

Congrats on the JP Steve. When are you gonna come out of retirement and hit the surf again? :Wink:

lol..thanks arthur...I dont know man.....soon i hope

Congrats on taking the jp, seems like a very productive day out there.

thanks bro

Hi ghetto dad,

Truck Trout Killa !?! Ha ha ha Not a FW guy (cept flyfishin') and I never heard that one !! Know it's all in good fun !!

JapanRon

lol...thanks ron

GD

hakaveli
04-10-2009, 10:46 PM
good job. Be one with the avet