PDA

View Full Version : Colorado river Cattin

fishprince
04-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Greetings FNN. I wanted to share a little report for those cat chasers out there. I picked up my buddy Big Willie to head out for our yearly boat in camping trip. We left out of the valley around 2:30am for an early morning bait Appt at B and B. Got into Blythe @ 6am.Quick gas up of the boat and Big Willie needed his Starbucks then off to B and B.
1st day We Launched from Mayflower Campground. We made a quick trip up north but once up there the winds where blowin 20+ so we slipped behind some structure to get away from it and fish for channels and flats. I put out a rod and bendo for the next 3 hours we nailed channels. I lost a nice flat in between the channel bite. The river started to drop so we had to move from this location and once again the winds where waiting on us in the river. So we made a 10+ mile ride to another location that would protects us for the night and gives a good chance on a big flat.We found channels again that bit thru out the night.
2nd Day we pulled off from Mayflower and head to Mc Intrye. We picked up some bluegills for bait along the way. Launched a headed out for another day of fishing. We look over some locations from last year but i decided on fishing new areas. So i found a huge area that had an massive eddy going into some stucture. We anchored down for the night. Channels where chewing good but we wanted a flat and we had our chance a few times over the nighttime hours. We only boated 2 smaller flats. Willie lost a Biggin at this spot.
3rd day we met up with some friends at Mc Intyre and head to Cibola for the day of fishing.
My buddy's 3 the hard way headed to canal to fish,While my friend Chris headed out with me in his boat. We boated a few more channels but i slept most of the night to make the 4 hour drive home. My buddy Chris caught a 20+ flathead while fishing with his wife. Hope you enjoy the pictures

fishprince
04-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Sorry guys/gals pixs won't load

fishprince
04-07-2009, 02:53 PM
pictures are tied into "outting on the river" post. By luckie33