PDA

View Full Version : Been Laying Low and Watch Out Wasco Bass

BakoBassin
04-05-2009, 05:20 PM
A lot has happened in the last month of my life. Some bad and some good.

Got laid off from work...which I'm kinda happy about. Stopped drinking, which has been a long time coming. I'm still the same fun guy I was though, Bakersfield folks. So I'm still game for fishing trips. I just won't have my big cup of vodka/OJ in-tow now. Which, as some of you know, might have seemed permanently attached to my person.

Also, I have a buddy that got ahold of an old beater bass boat and I believe we'll be teaming up and doing some tournies with Wasco club. So some of you might have some unwelcome competition.

I Rocha
04-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm part of the Shafter Carp team, formerly the Buttonwillow Minnow Boys

By the way bako, any word from sergio? He was brave enough for the trout tourney, wonder how it went.

BakoBassin
04-05-2009, 05:53 PM
When I put the bass signal out the other day, he responded and said he was getting ready for the tourney.

My neighbor was up there and they only saw a few fish caught. There were rumors of one $10K fish being caught. He said there was only a few feet between each angler as far as you could see.

FISH ON
04-05-2009, 07:02 PM
laying low and getting your ducks in a row. got to respect that. man the bass tourney deal sounds like tons of fun. issy trout derby to me means lots of wind, lots of anglers,lots of money on the line==========HAVOC ON A MASSIVE SCALE. cant wait to hear from serg.

cutbait
04-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Cool deal. Just in time for Castaic.....

joe man
04-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Good to see you back Bako. As for the 10,000 trout at Issie, it happened before 8 am on 4/4. I was checking in at the Headquaters when the first $10,000 fish was caught. Before I got checked in two money fish were landed (10,000 & 100). We fished Bolder Gulch with no love. The people who were catching fish were using worms and all I had was PB and artificals.

Skaguy04
04-06-2009, 01:37 PM
When I put the bass signal out the other day, he responded and said he was getting ready for the tourney.

My neighbor was up there and they only saw a few fish caught. There were rumors of one $10K fish being caught. He said there was only a few feet between each angler as far as you could see.

Derby was a joke, 1 fish in three days!!!!

But, I did catch something really good, not at the lake. I will post in a bit...

FishBalls
04-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Great Job on quiting - its tough out there!

dalean08
04-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Bako meeting tonight in Shafter at 7pm at vets hall will be going over next 2 tourneys, fishoff (delta) and Castaic May 2 bring your $30 membership fee and I will get you signed up