PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Day Results (final Masters Qualifier) Tons of Tuna And Dorado Spotted!!!

VineAssist
04-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Today was the April Fools Day Tournament which was the final qualifier for the Masters Tournament. A field of 91 anglers signed up to via for a shoot at the money and a Masters birth. Looking down the list their where a overwhelming amount of good sticks who had not qualified to date. Today was going to be a shoot out to say the least. It would once again take a solid 3.0 fish to crack the top ten.
Leading the pack today was Roman Molina with his 7.14 Rainbow taken from boat dock cove on powerbait. Congratulations Roman. Roman made his catch around mid day.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Roman.jpg
Coming in second place was Gary Johnstone of West Covina with his 7.6 Rainbow. Gary made his catch from the West Shore with a inflated nightcrawler. Great job Gary.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/P1000174.jpg
Coming in third place with a 5.8 Rainbow was Mr. Scott "By the Hair on my chiny chin chin" Noseworthy. Scott made his catch on an inflated nightcrawler from a undisclosed locale. Scott has fished every tourny and has been bumped out a couple of times by ounces. In fact the author teased him to death about it. Congratulations Scott you deserve it!
Finishing in fourth place was Al Chavez with his 3.14 Rainbow. Great job Al.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/AlChavez.jpg
Finishing in 5th place was Mr. Aaron (Erin) "Troutdog" Titelman of Tustin. Aaron weighed in a 3.8 Rainbow from the West Shore on bait. Aaron is another guy who was constantly our here fishing his head off. I believe he finished 11th in a two day tournament just shy of a Masters birth. Well today Aaron earned his spot in the Masters Tournment. Congratulations Aaron you also deserve that spot.
And here are the rest of the winners in the group shot followed by weight..
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Winners-2.jpg
1.Roman Molina 7.14
2.Gary Johnstone 7.6
3.Scott Noseworth 5.8
4.Al Chavez 3.14
5.Aaron "Erin" "Troutdog" Titleman 3.8
6.Tom Voth 3.0
7.Brett Jandete 3.0
8.Phillip Albano 3.0
9. Alex Ortega 3.0
10. Alan Sanka 3.0 (allready qualified for Masters)
11. Anthony Meyers at large Masters birth because of the qualification allready by Mr. Sanka!!!

After the tournament another monster made its way up to the scales. This one was easily the top fish of the day. But the question was "Was he in the tourny?" The answer was NOPE! The fish was set on the scale. The scale read 12.4!!! The lucky angler was Doug Brodback of Fullerton with his monster that ate a Thomas Bouyant in the Rainbow pattern fished in Sierra Cove!
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/DougBroadrick.jpg

I would like to thank everyone who came out and participated in all these tournments. It truly was an intresting year of tourmanets to say the very least. I look back and just see a ton of really really big fish coming up to the scales. For those who did not qualify there is always next year. However, we do have the Masters Event which is going to be amazing for those who did qualify. The word of mouth on this Tournament alone should just drive the hype up for next year! Also we have the Westren Outdoor News Tourny which is going to be off the hook! We are going to be dumping 10,000 lbs of fish in for this event! [B]THATS RIGHT 10,000 LBS!!!![B] This stock will include Trophy Rainbows (some pushing or over the 20lb mark), Brooks, Browns, and of coarse the coup de gra The Inland Steelhead!
Til next time I hope to see everyone on the water or out at the lake agian soon!
Best Wishes,
Jimmy

Sue
04-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Way to go, Erin! You truly deserve to be in the Masters! Enjoy your celebrations!

Gmoney
04-05-2009, 04:18 PM
congrats to all the winners - great pix
my man TD - way to roll brutha!!

Irvine Lake - thanks for a great run of tourneys this year....y'all do a great job! (you too jimmy :Wink:)

GO TEAM 57 and BBFC!!

G$

NoHo ART
04-05-2009, 05:01 PM
alright TD wtg buddy!

Mondo21
04-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Congrats TD. Nice looking Trout. Also congrats to all. Cindy:Razz:

Marley
04-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Congratulations to all the Masters qualifiers! Tough conditions made winning that much sweeter. Good luck next weekend!

doctorhook
04-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Congratulations, TroutDog on qualifying for the masters, you deserve it buddy!!!!!

Doctorhook

MAN VS WILD
04-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Congrats Aaron. It was the lucky Dodger hat that did it!!

yamafish
04-06-2009, 05:25 AM
TD,
Congrats on the Masters!
You deserve this one :Smile:
Good luck next weekend!

Rodger - YamaFish

mobilereef
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Nice work Erin...I am glad to be fishing against you this year in the Masters. You really do deserve to be there.

Hope to hang with you again soon at our next bbq! Glad you enjoyed the grub.

Chris
Mobile Reef

Granny Fish
04-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Congratulations Aaron!

See Chris Fish
04-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Nice job Aaron. Now who am I going to cheer for?
Oh, I know. A Team 57 member!!!

troutdog
04-08-2009, 02:10 AM
What an exciting day it was out there, thanks for all the well wishes and encouragement.

Good luck to everyone attending the Master's Tourney,

TD