PDA

View Full Version : Catfishing DVL....Epic Day

PONTOON
04-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, for a while now Trolly and I have been wondering if the catfish would want to make a showing at DVL and could we catch 'em if they were willing. The only way for us to answer that question was to go down there and find out.
I met Trolly early in the morning at our usual rendezvous point and headed off for our first stop.....Farmers Boys.:Wink:
During breakfast we plotted out our day in search of the catfish and left for the lake with hopes of just finding a few catfish willing to bite.
Once on the water we headed off to one of our go to spots and started our quest. It wasn't ten minutes after throwing out my first bait I got a run and hooked into the first fish of the day. Trolly took a pic and we both got bait back in the water. I didn't have time to finish rigging up my second rod and Trolly was on with not just one fish but both rods! We both looked at each other shaking our heads thinking this just can't be true. I took over one of Trollys rods so he could bring the first fish up to the net and after I netted it I handed Trollys second rod to him so he could bring in his second fish. Both fish were in the double digit range and beautiful looking fish.
After a few high fives we both scrambled to get back in the water not even thinking about pictures at that moment. Just as we got settled down my rod goes off, then Trollys rod goes off and as we both fought our fish we noticed both of our other rods were on to fish as well! We ended up with four DD catfish!
The bite was just off the hook all morning and we both agreed that this day had to be the best catfishing experience we have both had since we have been fishing togeter. Epic is the only word to describe it.
It was 10:30 am when Trolly and I decided we would call it a day and log this fishing trip into the Team Trolltoon scrapbook.
Trolly, Thanks My friend.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up: I'm looking forward to another catfishing season with you Bud.
I realize now that there was so much excitement we neglected to take more pictures but here are the only two I got yesterday....The first one of the day and a few we kept for the table.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/090404-DVL/100_3122.jpg
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/090404-DVL/100_3123.jpg

BIGRED KILLA
04-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the pics and report. That really is a epic day on back to back double hook ups on nice size cats keep it up out there guys you have that place down way to go.

Bigred

Ifishtoolittle
04-05-2009, 04:16 PM
WOW that must have been an epic day! There are hardly any pics lol! WTG on Kitties!

TrouTracker
04-05-2009, 04:49 PM
To Terry- Congrats on the kitties. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Many people don't realize that the Jewel is one of the top catfish lakes in So Cal. You and Chris make quite a "dynamic duo". The catfish don't know what's going to hit them this spring/summer. One of my wishes is that the angler's fishing the Jewel are as classy and respectful to the fishery as you two. Great job........
Barry A. Ogawa

Mondo21
04-05-2009, 05:21 PM
The Catfish Kings are still out there slaying Catfish. Nice looking kitties Guys. I miss you out at the Vine. Can't wait for catfish season so I can see you Kings again. Nice report and pics. Cindy:Razz:

trollmiester
04-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I was bummed never got to use the pillows waiting for that one bite.lolol.We had a great time bud I own two boats and fish every week somewhere.I drive 224 miles round trip to get there. .We fished for two hours could of fished till closing but we chose to stop. We usualy stop when the bite stops. Not so in this case. We left a wide open bite.I mean thro your line out and your on a double digit fish.The water looked great and lake was nice and clean as usual.The nice game warden from the smackdown was there checking all coolers and tackle boxs for shiners,minnows,gold fish and hand grenades.lol.He found beer in one young persons ice chest and he was nice to tell them beer is not permited anywhere at dvl. and let them take it back to their truck.We have been going to the jewek since the 2nd day it opened.It is a gem and worth the drive.Heard some big crappie have been getting caught also.sea yopu in the water.

TroutOnly
04-05-2009, 06:22 PM
ALL I CAN SAY IS T-N-T BLEW THE LAKE AND THE KITTIES UP, WAY TO SLAY FELLAS,,,,,when is it my turn,,,,,t/o,,,,,,THE TNT IS TERRY AND TROLLY,,,

diamondbear
04-05-2009, 08:16 PM
DARN GOOD CATCH GUYS , those are some healthy fish // db

sansou
04-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Very nice!!!

From the tone of your voices on the phone, I could tell you guys weren't joking!! Holy cow!

You guys accomplish more in 3 hours of fishing than many do in several trips! LOL Who leaves DVL at 10:30 am? LOL

SoCalGuy7
04-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Epic, great description!

WELL DONE!

fish4anything
04-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Sweeeet lookin' kitties, guys! Great report!

Granny Fish
04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I knew it was bound to happen sooner than later. Nice job guys.

bassmeister
04-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Very nice job on the slayedge guys. Looks like you guys may not have to fish the Irvine summer nights if you keep up that kind of average, and save some of the slim monsters for us below average cat fishers LOL. Congrats on a very awsome morning of fishing.

GeordyBass
04-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Nice job trolly and toon!You guys smoke DVL like bob smokes....:ROFL:

Good job guys and keep slayin!

fishtacosmmm
04-06-2009, 06:09 PM
nice report and pics of the cat fights

Santa Fe Eric
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I love you Guys! :Envious:

Fisherman57
04-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Sounds like a spectacular day on the lake!

Team Trolltoon outta DVL by 10:30AM?.... wow, did Chris have to leave early for the mackeral bite at Hermosa?

Great report! Thanks Chris & Terry for sharing!...... those are some beauties!

"The bite was just off the hook all morning and we both agreed that this day had to be the best catfishing experience we have both had since we have been fishing together."

That quote above, speaks volumes.... I know the kind of days you've had and this must have been off the charts. Couldnt happen to two nicer guys.

Congratulations!

Dana

fishmagic
04-06-2009, 11:17 PM
awesome job guys..keep up the good work

Jester
04-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Wow.. those are some plump kitties! Nice job!

bluehunter
04-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Way to put it down out the water guys. That looked like a fun day out on DVL. Great going.

B

Eat Sleep Fish
04-07-2009, 09:39 AM
even though CATFISH and EPIC dont flow in the same sentence for me, those suckers tug hard. fun to catch. congrats!

LateFisher
04-07-2009, 09:46 AM
WAY TO GO TEAM TROLLTOON :Beer Toast:, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !!!!!!

Pete Marino
04-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Great job out there guys!!!

Pete

SPIKEANUT
04-08-2009, 08:05 AM
So I'm heading out there tomorrow, looking for a little cat action and them some LMB. What were you guys using for those suckers?

dogg
04-08-2009, 03:51 PM
LOOKS GOOOOOD TO ME.
Great job guys!

trollmiester
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
We were using mackrael for bait ,terrys computor is down ,he says thanx for all the good words everybody.

kewlwhip
04-11-2009, 03:17 PM
way to gooooo trolltoon slayers!!!
time to workout hahaha
CONGRATS on the Epic catfishing day! here kitty kitty... :Wink:

PONTOON
04-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Sorry for the late response but I've been having some serious computer problems that have kept me off the site for a while.
I thank you all for the replies and kind words. I don't know if Trolly and I will ever get into a bite like the one we had last week but I guarantee we'll be back at it very soon.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

BingJr
04-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Wow. Epic day out there guys.

I am jealous. I am eagerly awaiting our Firday evenings at the vine this summer. More for the hijinks and BS'ing than the fishing. I like to anchor up next to you guys not for the fish but for the Fun. I just finished wiring up the new boat with night lights so no more head lights and lanterns and crap. Awesome job guys. It may never be that good again, but it will be good again!