PDA

View Full Version : Newport pier Sat 4/04

Billy Bass
04-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Hoping the water conditions had changed after reading Megabait's Balboa report on thurs, I decided to give my buddy, Sam Fisher a call, and we decided to give it a try. After loading up on frozen anchovies at Kenny's Rod & Reel in Upland (ps; the frozen bait was in excellent shape), we headed to Newport a little after 6 pm.
Arrived a little after 7, and while parking down there saturday evenings can be a clusterf**k at times, we easily scored a pretty good parking spot.

Conditions seemed a little better than in previuos days, the water looked pretty dirty. When we arrived, the was some guy hooked up on what was obviously a monster bat ray, he lost it on pier structure as the fish headed towards the end of the pier after about a 45 minute fight. What a heart breaker1
As for us nada zip goose egg. Are bait was even stolen by the crabs, which can be a nusiance at times.
However, Sam and I had an excellent good buddy trip, to remind us what fishin's all bout! The wind layed down around 9 pm, and it seems the wate r started clearing up, so hopefully change is on the horizon!
Thanx Sam, for the great t:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:rip!!!

fishshep
04-05-2009, 07:07 PM
:Cool::Cool::Cool:Good story,least
you got out there!!!
Beats stayin home!!!

SamFisher
04-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the invite Billy Bass. It was good to get out and relax...no pressure to catch
anything. Just good times had by all.

I used to live in the OC when I was younger. I quickly remembered why I liked the beach
on a Friday night. :Wink:

Peace,
SamFisher