PDA

View Full Version : New Regulations at Perris

Rambogottafish
04-05-2009, 10:57 AM
To my surprise this morning at 6 am I pulled into an inspection line at Perris. Apparently they have duplicated what Skinner and Diamond Valley have. I don't know the specifics but MWD does own the water at Perris so I would guess that is where it came from. Mussell inspections, dry boat, open all compartments, fill out the paperwork, 30 minute delay.
Oh yea, no live bait either...no crawdads.
Thought you would like to know before you head out there.
RGF

smokinflies
04-09-2009, 02:10 AM
silverwood's doing the same thing. i think they started on april 1.

BassinPLS
04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I was at Lake Perris on Tuesday, (4/07/09), and went through the same inspection. The inspection was very "over-kill". They even inspected dry compartments on my boat, which never have water contract.

When you come off of the water you can get a tie-tie applied to your boat which attaches it to the trailer, so you do not have to go through another inspection the next time you go to Perris or Lake Silverwood, ( as long as the tie-tie is still attached). Similar to the procedure being used at Lake Casitas.

I decided to go through the inspection when I came off of the water at 6:00 pm. There is a gentleman in the launch ramp parking lot area who applies the tie-tie. The thing that really surprised me was after coming off of the water you have to go through the same inspection. Clean & Dry! Where do they think you may have gotten muzzles on your boat; since the inspection in the morning when you just came off of the water at Perris! A little over to kill to say the least. The evening inspection took another +/- 1/2 hour to complete.

I would recommend going to the Lake plenty early to get through the inspection as it also took 30 minuted plus to complete. It may be a good idea to go out and have the inspection completed a day or so ahead of time; because we arrived at 6:00 am and did not get onto the water until close to 7 o'clock.

BassinPLS:Sad: