PDA

View Full Version : 4/4 PM City of Long Beach S-L-O-W

TShaffer
04-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Headed out of Long Beach Marina Sportfishing at 1:00 with high hopes after seeing the nice haul the AM passengers unloaded. After what seemed like whatever we got to the first spot for....NOTHING! So we continued to move for about the next 1-2 hours without getting anything to bite at any of the spots. Then we got on a spot that produced two quick fish for me (1 red snapper and 1 really small treefish) but the Captain was not satisfied with how we were anchored. So before I could drop back down he decides to re-anchor but the anchor was stuck. So we spent the next 1-2 hours trying to get the anchor unstuck. When it finally comes free it's 4:45 and he tells us we have 15min to fish at the next spot we move too. We get there and surprise surprise...NOTHING! So I ended the day with 1 keeper red snapper which was pretty small and the deckhand told me the entire boat which was around 10-15 people only caught five fish. So it was a very crappy day and the Captain gave everyone half off passes but I was still pretty POed. No pics today because I want to forget about this awful trip not remember it.

ghetto dad
04-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Damn man, sorry about your day.....you should have fished on the Icon with us.....limits for 28 guys....lots of nice chilis......

GD

TShaffer
04-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Damn man, sorry about your day.....you should have fished on the Icon with us.....limits for 28 guys....lots of nice chilis......

GD
Yea I'm definately gonna try somewhere else next time. Maybe I will hit you up on the Icon but it won't be for two weeks. I goin to West Palm Beach!

ghetto dad
04-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Yea I'm definately gonna try somewhere else next time. Maybe I will hit you up on the Icon but it won't be for two weeks. I goin to West Palm Beach!

I really, really feel bad for you......lmao....have fun man......
Yeah, Shawn on the Icon is one of the best local guys around, were lucky to have him at LBSF.

Have a great trip.....

GD

TShaffer
04-04-2009, 09:17 PM
I really, really feel bad for you......lmao....have fun man......
Yeah, Shawn on the Icon is one of the best local guys around, were lucky to have him at LBSF.

Have a great trip.....

GD
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Ambassadorhawg
04-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Sorry to hear of your sad trip. Stuff like that happens from time to time. We've all been there to see it like that once or twice...

But we keep going back....just gotta fish and just gotta CATCH!!!!

The fish are out there waiting for you to come back...they're calling!

JapanRon
04-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi TShaffer,

CoLB .... SoCal at Pierpoint ? Marina ? Something going on I don't know about ? ha ha Sorry to hear of the tough day. Fishing the structure neccessary to have a good shot at the Lings sometimes requires the skipper to drop the hook in spots he'd rather not .... given wind/wave/current conditions....... so that gets the 'fickle finger of fate' award. Izors' structure same deal.

We got hung up last trip for about 15~20 minutes or so but with the changing of the position of the boat ..... folks were still fishing and catching.

Maybe the Reds dinner or fish tacos will remind you of the outing !! In a good light ! :)

Better luck next time ...... better than a skunk !!

JapanRon

megafisher94
04-05-2009, 09:42 AM
at first i wished i could have gone this weekend but now that i see the report, i think im better of at home! a crappy day of fishing is better that staying home though! and you didnt tell me you got a treefish when you called.

did you go to the "secret spot" afterwords? PM me...

TShaffer
04-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Sorry to hear of your sad trip. Stuff like that happens from time to time. We've all been there to see it like that once or twice...

But we keep going back....just gotta fish and just gotta CATCH!!!!

The fish are out there waiting for you to come back...they're calling!

Yea I'll try that boat again just not anywhere in the near future.

TShaffer
04-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi TShaffer,

CoLB .... SoCal at Pierpoint ? Marina ? Something going on I don't know about ? ha ha Sorry to hear of the tough day. Fishing the structure neccessary to have a good shot at the Lings sometimes requires the skipper to drop the hook in spots he'd rather not .... given wind/wave/current conditions....... so that gets the 'fickle finger of fate' award. Izors' structure same deal.

We got hung up last trip for about 15~20 minutes or so but with the changing of the position of the boat ..... folks were still fishing and catching.

Maybe the Reds dinner or fish tacos will remind you of the outing !! In a good light ! :)

Better luck next time ...... better than a skunk !!

JapanRon

I don't know what was up JapanRon, I guess it was just a bad day to be out. Even when we had time to fish nothing happened. I tried to fish while we were hung up but the boat kept moving in different directions and I couldn't keep track of my line. Oh, well. There'll be many more better days of fishing.

calico killer kevin
04-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Was on that boat for the rockfish opener this year and did pretty well. The deckhand Tyler is pretty cool dude. Sorry your experience was bad.

I'm gonna try to get on the Pursuit for the $45 3/4 to Catalina the wednesday after the coming. You should hop on that one for sure.

TShaffer
04-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Was on that boat for the rockfish opener this year and did pretty well. The deckhand Tyler is pretty cool dude. Sorry your experience was bad.

I'm gonna try to get on the Pursuit for the $45 3/4 to Catalina the wednesday after the coming. You should hop on that one for sure.
Yea I'm friends with the deckhands and they all know me in my opinion the capitain is just not very experienced. But what do I know I'm 16. Anyway I'd love to hit up that 3/4 day boat with ya the wednesday after the following but I'll be in West Palm Beach hittin up thier charter boats.