PDA

View Full Version : What's doin with the trout and brownies?

billy b
04-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Have the bass completely taken over? Does anybody go out and get into the trout still?

Where have PStick and his gang gone?

diamondbear
04-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Its called NO BOAT ACCESS , Let the old trout gang put our boats on that lk. and watch what can happen , but its not to be until we get more water . boat rentals maybe if I was a guide .

TrouTracker
04-04-2009, 07:06 PM
To BB- Steve's right about the "old gang" fishing for holdovers. We've all got boats and can't launch right now. If you've got a boat set-up specifically for trolling, the last thing you want to do is rent a basic bass boat! We've all paid quite a bit of money and don't really want to pay again. We were out at the Jewel this past weekend to check out what was happening with the holdovers. I'm expecting that really soon the holdover's will start to come out. As far as the brownies, they'll be very difficult to catch. Can't wait to catch one of those holdovers that are probably in the 6-8lb class! There's nothing like those fish when they're screaming line and spooling you..........
Barry A. Ogawa

SamFisher
04-05-2009, 12:48 AM
I was out there Friday afternoon fishing for LMB from shore. I was having a fun time doing
that near the launch ramps. Later I moved over to a shallow cove. There was one stick
poking out in the middle of the cove so I pitch a 4.5 inch Aaron's Magic at the stick hoping
for a LMB. To my surprise, I stuck an 8# trout. After that, I went to a point and started
with the LMB again.

At the end of the day I went back to the shallow cove and did the same thing. This time
it was an even bigger 10# trout. These trout were not shy. Very aggressive. Went back
to the launch ramp to end the day.

Oh ya, there was an elderly couple doing very well throwing a super duper. They had a few
on their stringer and I saw them stick two more in about 15 minutes. Looks like the trout
are ready...get out there if you can.

All fish released.

SamFisher

bblbasser
04-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Hi Bill! What's up w/ you and the wife? You didn't return my call as of late, give me a call when you gotta chance! Hope things are well. Scott

p.s. I was there last tuesday and saw the biggest school of BIG stripers I've ever seen at that lake, and I've seen some good ones there (visually, they were shinin' like albacore, and with the meter, it went on for at least a hundred yards and they were stacked like cord wood. Word has it there are many 10's of thousands of those big boys in the lake. They say MMMMM trout taste good! However, as posted previously, there are some big trout being caught by bass angler pretty much on a daily basis (my buddy had one eat his 6'' worm on monday that went 8 lbs and it was a holdover, kicked his butt too!) Seen trout getting chased by largemouth in a couple areas too and I managed a nice one on a huddleston. Wish I'd of thrown it more but we were going for numbers.

SamFisher
04-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Ok, here are some picture of the trout I caught.
When I said, "All fish releases.", I was talking about the LMB not the trout.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt191/lmosylvester/Picture070.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt191/lmosylvester/Picture.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures...they tast better than they look.

SamFisher

jd
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
The trout are up on the shore in 1 to 5 feet of water. Don't know how long this will last as the water level is dropping again. Most of them are being caught by bass fishermen using plastics. If you want to get them, work the shoreline with mini-jigs,fly lined crawlers or spiltshot crawlers. When you find trout up they are very aggressive.