PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Berkley Gulp Bags

Jaysuuun
04-04-2009, 01:59 AM
I am a huge fan of the Berkley Gulp Baits (jerkshad), but I can't seem to keep the juices from leaking out of the packages. The ziplock seal dosen't seem to work very well. Still manages to leak all over my backpack. Anyone else have this problem?

Ricky-Ray
04-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Occasionally I get that problem too. Most likely it's because I didn't seal the bag properly. I now keep them in ziplock bags as an extra preventive measure to keep the juices from leaking into my tackle bag or having them dry out completely.

boxl0bster
04-04-2009, 03:00 AM
they never seal properly and it gets NASTAYYYYY. thats what i hate about them. i too use an extra ziplock just in case.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-04-2009, 08:29 AM
I just bought the jerk shads ,about 2 weeks ago, at big fish,to try out drop shotting for halis ,and bass. I normally use bass trix ,or smaller flukes.the jerk shads worked fine,but just like , the camos ,and shrimp the juice seems to dry out. Makes you wonder, if they just want you ,to have to ,buy more .if you get my drift. Im going to salvage these ,buy adding sardine pro cure , that stuff is nasty.i refuse to ,buy the bucket version of gulp . Thats way to pricy for me.

92yj
04-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I just bought the jerk shads ,about 2 weeks ago, at big fish,to try out drop shotting for halis ,and bass. I normally use bass trix ,or smaller flukes.the jerk shads worked fine,but just like , the camos ,and shrimp the juice seems to dry out. Makes you wonder, if they just want you ,to have to ,buy more .if you get my drift. Im going to salvage these ,buy adding sardine pro cure , that stuff is nasty.i refuse to ,buy the bucket version of gulp . Thats way to pricy for me.

i did the same as you, i put them in a double lock zip bag and added some sauce. no more leaks and they have worked well for me. i also put all of my gulp products in one bag and haven't had any problems.

TShaffer
04-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I hvae many more leaking problems with the Gulp Alive buckets. Mine leaks constantly and that stuff is nasty! It makes everything smell.

Jaysuuun
04-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I was thinking about taking them out of the gulp bag completely and putting them into a ziplock bag. But I wasn't sure because ziplocks can tear easily. Maybe even some kind of air tight jar/container. I'll put them into ziplocks like everyone suggested for now. Thanks

Ricky-Ray
04-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I haven't taken the gulps out of their bag completely. I just put the bags of gulp that I have in my tackle bag into a gallon size zip lock bag as an extra measure of preventing the juice from leaking out into the tackle bag.

ghetto dad
04-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I haven't taken the gulps out of their bag completely. I just put the bags of gulp that I have in my tackle bag into a gallon size zip lock bag as an extra measure of preventing the juice from leaking out into the tackle bag.

and when they do dry out, Ricky just eats them like Gummi Bears :ROFL:

gd

Jaysuuun
04-05-2009, 01:31 PM
So I decided to conduct a little experiment. I took a couple of empty gulp bags, filled them up with water, sealed them and turned them upside down. Both bags leaked. No matter how hard I tried to seal the bags they still leaked. I think I may write to Berkley about this. This really sucks.

deanhall32
04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Im with you Baby Killer. The water temp. is warming. Fish are spawning. Yellowtail are being yoyoed at the Islands. But it is those ziplock leakiing bags that are getting the headlines!!!!!

TShaffer
04-05-2009, 10:13 PM
are you serious? its a leaky bag, find a new one. this is not threadworthy
Hey that smelly gulp juice can ruin a tackle box/bag or car upholstery if it leaks. In my opinion it's a problem that should be fixed.

mg2969
04-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Whenever I open a new bag I dump all the contents into an old piece of tupperware. Sturdy and resealable

sonarbp
04-06-2009, 10:11 AM
I am a huge fan of the Berkley Gulp Baits (jerkshad), but I can't seem to keep the juices from leaking out of the packages. The ziplock seal dosen't seem to work very well. Still manages to leak all over my backpack. Anyone else have this problem?

I have also had several problems with the Gulp products leaking.....even the ones in the buckets! What I di was contacted the customer service and told them the issues I was having and they fixed it for me!!!!

Here is the info to contact them...

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/about_contactinfo.php

Fill in your info and they will contact you.

gavin310
04-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I had some Berkly earthworms that seemed to be drying out so i put them in a ziplock sandwich bag and put them in a pocket in my tackle bag. 8 months or so later they're still juicy and i'm still catching fish with them.

Robert trout hunter
04-09-2009, 10:47 AM
uggh the juice is so annoying ive bought 3 bags and all of them have leaked

LA Smoker
04-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Buy a fake "tupperware" container, the kind with snap locks on all 4 sides and they'll never leak.

Jbro
04-10-2009, 09:09 PM
go to the pharmacy or Rite Aid or the like and in the generic travel size area are plastic vile/jars that are small 3-4 oz., they seal air/water tight and you can put a limited number of the Gulp in them. If sealed tight they do not leak but there is NO WAY to keep that stink off yer fingers. If you know what i am sayin? This info after spilling half a million bags of that stinky secret juice all over everthing i have ever owned. Good luck.

TimmayWOOHOO
04-10-2009, 09:17 PM
I have a pretty frieken bad *** new gulp container idea im working on. i should be done with it on sunday, at which time I will post a thread about it. youll all be pretty frieken amazed and go out and put one together.

Jaysuuun
04-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the tips. Right now I have the packages inside a large ziplock bag. I just have to make sure they are upright or else I get the stink all over my hands when I reach into the bag. I'll go shopping sometime for an airtight container.

I have a pretty frieken bad *** new gulp container idea im working on. i should be done with it on sunday, at which time I will post a thread about it. youll all be pretty frieken amazed and go out and put one together.

Can't wait to see it. Be sure to post some pics. :Smile:

HESBROS
04-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the tips. Right now I have the packages inside a large ziplock bag. I just have to make sure they are upright or else I get the stink all over my hands when I reach into the bag. I'll go shopping sometime for an airtight container.

Can't wait to see it. Be sure to post some pics. :Smile:

Oh no Jason, you would not want that "stink" all over your hands.....LOL

See you and Tess in a bit!