PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo Stubbies Were Bitin' Today

Ambassadorhawg
04-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Hit the Fin today with Crazy Dave. You've never seen it blow anywhere in So Cal like it did up there today. I am talking sustained 30-45 mph wind alllll day looooong!

Anyway, we decided to go up there to check things out. Lots of jumbo stubbies taken from there lately and we wanted to see if we could get in on the action ourselves. There was one little area that was protected from the wind for the most part and that's where we set up camp.

We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves since the wind scared everyone else away. But we didn't care. We fished our hearts out, froze a little and kept on fishing, which eventually ended up turning into some catching!

We both had followers a few times by some jumbo stubbies. Then I hooked one and it tore off right away but I got to see it eat my bait, though.

A little while later, Dave got one that went about 6 pounds. Then it was my turn again and this one was a HIPPO!

They don't fight much, just flip around, roll and splash alot but it's exciting none the less. They don't really have any fins or tail to speak of, hence my calling them "stubbies".

We needed the net for mine and it weighed 11.75 pounds on the shop scale. Not bad for my first attempt at nuclear, man-made, hybridized, deformed, corn fed, jumbo stocker trout, huh????

Enjoy the pics...

Santa Fe Eric
04-04-2009, 12:14 AM
We needed the net for mine and it weighed 11.75 pounds on the shop scale. Not bad for my first attempt at nuclear, man-made, hybridized, deformed, corn fed, jumbo stocker trout, huh????

That was funny! Glad you got on some Trout. How do those man-made hybridized Tout taste? Like Chicken?

Ambassadorhawg
04-04-2009, 06:43 AM

That was funny! Glad you got on some Trout. How do those man-made hybridized Tout taste? Like Chicken?

I am afraid to eat one of those things. They are scary looking and I don't want to glow in the dark after eating one!!! LOL!

dockboy
04-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Dude dont worry. Ive been a member for several years, the private hatchery they buy the fish from is clean and well run. The fish probably taste better than any DFG fish outside the Sierras. Especially the larger fish, all ours over 5 have had pink meat with good moisture and great taste. That lake is cleaner than most ppl think, seeing it has almost no boats, no PWCs, no waterskiing or wake boarding, and it constantly recieves fresh water from the aqueduct. Lots of ppl are concened about the blue stone (cupric sulfate) they put in there, but it is generally harmless to fish, and has no known toxic effects on humans at the levels they use at the Fin.

basscatcher
04-04-2009, 03:20 PM
man nice fish dave sent me those pics. nice ones.

God Bless

basscatcher

Cowboy Hookup
04-05-2009, 03:51 PM
A Newbie Question Here! Where is the Fin located besides the body of a fish?

-Cowboy Hookup

Ambassadorhawg
04-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Fin and Feather is a private lake club. It is located in palmdale right off hwy 14. Only members are allowed in. However, if you know a member, they can be invited as a guest of that member, as I was. Guests have to pay a fee to fish.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Glad ya caught some fish.....

and some nice fat chunkers too.....

I'm soooo glad ya didnt opt to fish the duct instead cause I'm still waiting for you to pick up that Skunk suit...

I've had the tailor embroider your name on it's so everyone will know your there.....ha ha ha ha...LMAO !

J/K..

Nice work on them fat trout fishies...

Congrats !
Gary

Ambassadorhawg
04-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Glad ya caught some fish.....

and some nice fat chunkers too.....

I'm soooo glad ya didnt opt to fish the duct instead cause I'm still waiting for you to pick up that Skunk suit...

I've had the tailor embroider your name on it's so everyone will know your there.....ha ha ha ha...LMAO !

J/K..

Nice work on them fat trout fishies...

Congrats !
Gary

Wait a minute! Waaaaait a minute! Before you get your taylor to embroider my name on that stripey suit....perhaps we should have a fish-off at the duct....just you and me, within sight of eachother...heeee heee!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Wait a minute! Waaaaait a minute! Before you get your taylor to embroider my name on that stripey suit....perhaps we should have a fish-off at the duct....just you and me, within sight of eachother...heeee heee!

aWHHHHHHWW....i SEE....woo hoo hoo hoo ha ha ha..

You want me to go to YOUR spots at the duct and have a fish off....Ahhhhh...yes......yes...yes....challenge accepted...loser wears da suit !

Wooo hoooo........It's on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ha ha ha aha !
I love it...............Yeeee-Haw !~

Ambassadorhawg
04-07-2009, 05:23 PM
aWHHHHHHWW....i SEE....woo hoo hoo hoo ha ha ha..

You want me to go to YOUR spots at the duct and have a fish off....Ahhhhh...yes......yes...yes....challenge accepted...loser wears da suit !

Wooo hoooo........It's on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ha ha ha aha !
I love it...............Yeeee-Haw !~

Oh,no,no,no,no,noooooo! YOUR SPOTS! I don't know anything about the duct...You put us on fish, and may the best man win...

I hope the suit is a "one size fits all", LOL!