PDA

View Full Version : Curado 200E7 VS Citica 200E?

Off The Hook
04-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Ok, I have been looking into both of these reels and can see they are similar in many ways. Is the Curado worth the extra $60.00 compared to the Citica? When handling them in the store they feel nearly identical except the grip. I have been using my Garcia's for years but finally need to make the jomp into the low profile reels and really like the design of the Shimanos for the price. Any suggestions on these would be greatly appreciated since I am getting many mixed opinions at the tackle shops. Thanks

spooks
04-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I have both of those reels and I have taken both apart ,components seem to be the same,except for the curado has more bearings, making it smoother, the other difference is the gear ratio. they are both fine. If I was trying to save I would get the Citica,there is not that big of a difference on the way they feel, do to bearing difference. the fish will never be able to tell.

HEMAN
04-03-2009, 09:48 PM
I have both of those reels and I have taken both apart ,components seem to be the same,except for the curado has more bearings, making it smoother, the other difference is the gear ratio. they are both fine. If I was trying to save I would get the Citica,there is not that big of a difference on the way they feel, do to bearing difference. the fish will never be able to tell.

i'll second what he said..

a biley
04-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I've fished both and the bearings just makes it smoother, I definitely feel the difference reeling in crankbaits.

The biggest difference to me is the spool; the Curado has the aluminum magnumlite spool while the Citica has the aluminum lo-mass spool. Basically the casting ability is the main difference.

If you throw light stuff, go with the curado. If you're casting anything over 1/8 it doesn't matter what reel you get then.

calico killer kevin
04-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Not a huge fan of either coloration, but if I were in your situation, I would take the Citica. Unless, you are fishing anything under 1/8oz, then take the curado. I am in the market though, for a Curado 300E. If you are casting weights under 1/8oz, then you would also need a rod capable of doing that, so then you would end up spending even more money.

Go get your reel custom painted purple shimmer like the Daiwa Alphas. Ohhh...Sexy....