PDA

View Full Version : Slow day @ the Vine! 4/2/09

HelloBendo420
04-03-2009, 06:41 PM
late report...
This was only my second visit to the vine and boy was it slow. Got there around 7:30, and rented a motor boat w/ my lady. Our first spot was the area around trout island. fished the entire area all the way around the tip for no love. Threw a power bait buffet, but didn't even get a nibble. At ten, we decided to try the west shore. Saw a few fish be pulled out from shore, but nothing too exciting. Still no bite for us, so we decided to try the boat rental dock in hopes of landing my first crappie of the season. Used yellow/white mini jig and still no love. Around 2 o'clock we decided to try the flats in search of crappie, and as we got there a helicopter arrived. I think he was waiting for us to leave because as soon as we left the spot we were fishing, he started lifting water out of the spot we were in, and dropping the water off across the lake. I wonder if anyfish were in his huge water contraption??:ROFL::ROFL: No luck w/ crappie around the flats

Any way we found a small cove on the right side towards the flats that finally gave us some luck.
First time I have ever caught a trout on a plastic jig. I caught a dinky one on the mini jig. I didn't think I would catch anything on it, cuz i've never have before. More fun on the jig for sure. The skunk was finally off of me and ten minutes later my lady hooks up on a nice 2 pounder. It fought like crazy. We both think the trout @ irvine fight harder and look healthier then at the other pay lakes.

That was all for the day. A whopping two fish. We still had a good time though. Maybe next time for the crappie.
As we cleaned the fish we caught we asked around and it looks like it was a slow day for most folks. Oh well.
Corona on Sunday thanks to Mojave River Anglers half off pass.
Thanks for reading everyone.

No pics cuz of the slow fishing.

Crab
04-03-2009, 07:26 PM
cool man, thanks for the update! I fished from a boat on wed.Even though I didnt really ask the shore fisherman...it looked pretty slow for them.We managed to do alright along the west shore with worms......better luck next time....and as always....its a nice way to spend the day!:Smile:

Mondo21
04-05-2009, 07:13 AM
That's all we've been hearing these days,it's slow. We were out there Saturday and the same results. The fish meter was showing nothing or very few fish real deep.
Good luck out there next time. It was a beautiful day out there Saturday and the Tourney was the best! Cindy:Razz: