PDA

View Full Version : Cerritos, 4/3

craznazn
04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Went to the park to wet my line and get some trout practice in. After the clouds dissipated, the weather turned out nice:
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt179/craznazn/Picture087-1.jpg

Seems like most of the people were fishing towards the east end, I didn't see but passerbys said they were catching some trout:
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt179/craznazn/Picture088-1-1.jpg

Threw out my 1/32 green and red crappie jig and was getting some infrequent bumps. Hooked 3 in over an hour and what seemed like over a hundred casts.

Decided to leave when a group of people fishing next to decided to crank up the boom box. Maybe should have gone to Eldo....

Laters...

a biley
04-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I was there too, my buddy landed a small bass, and a catfish which he gave away. Saw some guy nail a decent bass on a jerkbait too. I got the skunk. Might go back now...

craznazn
04-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I was there too, my buddy landed a small bass, and a catfish which he gave away. Saw some guy nail a decent bass on a jerkbait too. I got the skunk. Might go back now...

Went back in the late afternoon and saw a bunch of bass hatchlings. Could it be post spawn already? Hope u did well....

a biley
04-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Went back in the late afternoon and saw a bunch of bass hatchlings. Could it be post spawn already? Hope u did well....

some of the fish are still spawning, my friend caught a nice size fish the other day with a belly. As for me, I didn't get to go back... I fell asleep lol

Jaysuuun
04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Are there any big trout that come out of that lake? I'm not much of a trout fisherman, but I think I should get out there to practice. A friend of mine invited me to go trout fishing with them. I just don't know how to really catch them. Any tips?

a biley
04-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Are there any big trout that come out of that lake? I'm not much of a trout fisherman, but I think I should get out there to practice. A friend of mine invited me to go trout fishing with them. I just don't know how to really catch them. Any tips?

most likely they're fished out. usually fished out within 2 days of stocking... Sometimes a huge trout gets planted in... My friend saw a 4 lb trout swimming sometime in January. You know trout is stocked when there's like 15 trout guys at the east side. Good time to bring a swimbait...

Tesserz
04-04-2009, 12:32 PM
most likely they're fished out. usually fished out within 2 days of stocking... Sometimes a huge trout gets planted in... My friend saw a 4 lb trout swimming sometime in January. You know trout is stocked when there's like 15 trout guys at the east side. Good time to bring a swimbait...

Good to know. How often do they plant the trout? Is there some kind of schedule?

a biley
04-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Good to know. How often do they plant the trout? Is there some kind of schedule?

every other week. usually on a tuesday or wednesday. See you around! I was there just now and the trout are TINY!!! I guess they stocked it for the bass, not the fisherman. Anyways a trout hit my jerkbait today, no love from the Bass... :(