PDA

View Full Version : Pan Fish

NFCD I
04-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Hi Everyone,
I've been a lurker for a few years now. I finally bit the bullet and bought a boat. I bought a 2001 Skeeter with a 100HP Yamaha 4 stroke. I guess this means I need to learn more about our Southern California lakes. I live in Oceanside. I enjoy bass fishing, but I have to admit that I love pan fishing. I'm open to any suggestions and I promise, unlike many others that post photo's of fish, I will post the name of the lake and what I used to catch whatever fish I may catch. Other than Stripers, Blue Gill and Crappie, I'm a real believer in C&R. I catch and eat pan fish and Stripers.
Thanks in advance for the help,
NFCD ( No Fish Catching Dude )

Lightning
04-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Diamond Valley & Skinner are both fairly close for you.Good luck w/ the new boat

CASTAWAY
04-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Welcome to the board....

NoHo ART
04-03-2009, 09:28 AM
welcome aboard

HEMAN
04-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Diamond Valley & Skinner are both fairly close for you.Good luck w/ the new boat

well Diamond Valley is not open to private boats right now.. but.. i hear the fishing in the SD lakes are pretty darn good too.

crappie stalker
04-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Welcome aboard.. If you have lurked for a few years you probably know which lakes are always mentioned.. They all have some nice perch populations, you have just got to locate them and then it is on... Congrats on your new boat.. Hope you get plenty of blood and guts in and on it..LOL

CS

Bluegill
04-03-2009, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=NFCD I;327851]Hi Everyone,
I've been a lurker for a few years now. I finally bit the bullet and bought a boat. I bought a 2001 Skeeter with a 100HP Yamaha 4 stroke. I guess this means I need to learn more about our Southern California lakes. I live in Oceanside. I enjoy bass fishing, but I have to admit that I love pan fishing. I'm open to any suggestions and I promise, unlike many others that post photo's of fish, I will post the name of the lake and what I used to catch whatever fish I may catch. Other than Stripers, Blue Gill and Crappie, I'm a real believer in C&R. I catch and eat pan fish and Stripers.
Thanks in advance for the help,
NFCD ( No Fish Catching Dude

Right on, why post when you ever want to show what lake. It seem like this fourm has turn into a place to show off how many fish you can catch. Blue gill wait a couple of week you can catch them at lake Paris, DVL same thing you catch them in the hundreds from the shore. Stripper the place to go is skinner now with your 4stoke motor you should be able to catch your limit easy from your boat. Lake skinner if your are fishing from a boat for stripper with no luck u are doing something wrong. I regularly fish these lake on the weekend catching my limit everytime.

joebass
04-03-2009, 11:08 AM
thnx bluegill. your a good man

NFCD I
04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the help guy's. I'm going to take my 80 year old dad out to Lower Otay on Wednesday and will probably hit Elsinore and Skinner while he's here visiting from Oklahoma. He also loves to pan fish. Can anyone tell me where I can buy minow's near Elsinore? I'm coming from Oceanside.
I'll post results from each lake next week.
If I don't give exact locations, I'm not sure why I wouldn't, I'll at least give the lake, bait, and depths we caught fish at.
Thanks Again,
NFCD