PDA

View Full Version : Prado?

Cowboy Hookup
04-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie here. I'm thinking of hitting up Prado on Sat. with my kids. I'm targeting trout and not familiar with that lake. Basically this is our only 2nd time ever fishing freshwater. Our first was last Sat. at Castaic and successfully landed 4. Any advice on rig setup, bait, and possible location at the lake would greatly be appreciated. Fish Onnn!!

-Cowboy Hookup

springFISH
04-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I fished Prado a few times last year. Had one fun day there at about this time last year. What worked for me: I headed out to the last parking lot, all the way around the back end of the lake. There you'll see some reeds along the entire shore line leading all the way to the dam. I fished an ultra-light with texas-rigged 4" power worms in black and/or brown and with a small bullet weight. Caught a bunch of fun sized bass working the rig very slowly along the reeds and the dam area. Nothing big, but on the ultralight it was fun catching several 1-2 lb. bass.

Cowboy Hookup
04-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks for replying Springfish! I did try to hit that back area today but found it closed off for some civil war reenactment going on by the back parking areas. Did not come out disappointed though because the family landed 9 trout nearby the docks. Just got back and too tired to get into details but will post pictures and info. tomorrow.

-Cowboy Hookup

FishBalls
04-07-2009, 11:34 PM
North of the Docks always works for me.

Cowboy Hookup
04-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks Fishballs, It also worked for me. Please see my post titled "Prado 4/4".

Lightning
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Check in the city lakes section.I think there are a few recent reports there.