PDA

View Full Version : On foot at Huntington Harbor possible?

MikeAce00
04-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Are there places to fish on foot at Huntington Harbor. I was thinking about fishing the surf early Saturday morning at Cherry or Seal beach. Afterwards we were thinking about heading into Huntington Harbor if there are places to fish on foot. I'm familiar with the private docks and beaches on Balboa Island so if there is something similar in HH that would be nice.

Thanks All,

Mike

TShaffer
04-02-2009, 07:11 PM
There are definately some spots to fish in there. Finding them is the hard part.

calico killer kevin
04-02-2009, 08:24 PM
HH ain't so hot right now. NPH has lots of space and more fish IMO.
I don't think HH has any shore spots though.

Fish Dog
04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
There are a few places but its not like Newport. Most of the houses in HH are built right up to the water and sit above it on a seawall so there no beach. No beach, no public access behind the houses. There's openings all around here and there between the houses but they are few and far between. If you want to try it I'd just start driving around the perimeter of the harbor and you'll see spots here and there. Just park and give it a shot and then, when you're done, jump back in the car and drive to the next spot. Most of them are too far apart to try walking between them. Good luck.

mg2969
04-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Are you looking for dock / pier or beach ?

Heres some places where I kayak launch from.
* The most popular for straight fishing is what I call "slick mud hill"
* Next to trindad island beach launch is a grassy area and bridge where alot of folks fish from
* The southern end of Trindad island (not marked) is a public pier / dock / walkway is also a popular spot

MikeG

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/500/hh_launches.jpg