PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood

Fishicidal187
04-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm gonna be taking the family camping this weekend with our pop up trailer that we bought yesterday:Razz: I wanted to know any good spots for the kids and I to fish. Last time we where there I managed 1 trout off the swim beach any other good spots close to camp grounds? any info will help. thanks in advance:EyePop:

dodoman
04-02-2009, 05:03 PM
will be out there this sat and sunday.

Nessie Hunter
04-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Still pretty cold at night up here (Hesperia, Silverwood area) for kids (and ME). Been windy as hell last few days also (adds to chill factor)...
Silverwood has been pretty poor for fishing also....

Might try a lower lake, Perris, etc ( i think you can camp at Vail for a fee also, might be a good choice????)
http://www.vaillakeresort.com/
Expensive, but looks like the fishing/camping & Fam fun may be well worth it????

Astrolux
04-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Fishing has def. been slow at the wood. Water temps arre still pretty cold. Bass still arent in spawning mode up there. And like Nessie Hunter said its been windy. And if its windy here its usually worse there.

seal
04-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Beg to differ with some of the Wood fishing reports. Although not wide open if weather cooperates I've had consistently good trout fishing (on fly's) over the last several weeks. Bass are definitely still slow but last weekend I picked one up shallow and saw several caught shallow in Miller's canyon.

From the campground path the first cove you come to can hold trout and bass, then the next cove below lot number 3 has been real productive for me recently. Also last week trout plant at Marina and some should move down Cleghorn.

If we could get a run of nice weather should spark the bass soon, I HOPE!

Fishicidal187
04-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Ya I know the weather is not going to be that good.Looks like rain Tuesday but that's where the wife wanted to go. Hopefully we can tuff it out.Thanks for the advice seal on the fishing spots I'll let you know how we do.

Fish Dog
04-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Skinner has a nice campground...

http://www.riversidecountyparks.org/locations/regional-parks/lake-skinner/

meddaugh
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Hit Silverwood on Sunday, 4/5/09 and the weather was pretty good. Nailed a 1lb rainbow on a small rapala and a 3lb largemouth pitching a worm (both in Cleghorn).