PDA

View Full Version : The duct april fools evening - this ones not a joke

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Hit the Duct last night after work…

Landed 1 nice fat pig on the KPN Skinny shad.

Damn …..I love Striper fishing….

Saweet !

Gary

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KPN---DUCTaprilfoolsday4-1-09.jpg

GeordyBass
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Well done PinkdrinkgarlicGary,,,lol,,,

fishinone
04-02-2009, 11:02 AM
That's a nice one Gary,

Just imagine what you could do to it with Photoshop.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-02-2009, 11:30 AM
That's a nice one Gary,

Just imagine what you could do to it with Photoshop.

I already did it !!!!....ha ha ha ha.....

I missed out on my striper fix this morning and didnt go to castaic BUT HIT THE DUCT LAST NIGHT...had ta get a FEW hours sleep b4 work....

fishing the duct late night after work can get taxing..

BUT...sleep is for people who don't fish.

Ha ha ha...

JENSEN500
04-02-2009, 12:02 PM
nice fish gary!

im headed to havasu right now,will call you monday w/report

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
nice fish gary!

im headed to havasu right now,will call you monday w/report

I hope you get into some solid action, I'm not complaining though, last nights fish brings the count to 5 real nice fatties in the last week..

saweet....

I JUST now (RIGHT NOW) had an excellent striper lunch at home....

Nice thick striper fillets covered with sprinkles of seafood broil spices and DILL sprinkled liberally on top.....added butter, asparagus and mushrooms, wrapped in foil and baked it at 350 degrees...

DAYAM....I'm not kidding...It was GooooooD! REAL Gooood ! and FRESH !

We'll see what the weeks end totals bring..

Just so everyone knows, this post wasnt a joke....and my gut is full of fresh cooked striper...

Seng90806
04-02-2009, 04:36 PM
WOW!!! thats a pig right there...i can see that 30+ coming very soon

Bucket bay
04-02-2009, 07:32 PM
nice one wtg

trail blazer
04-02-2009, 07:46 PM
your on fire down there gary!!!!
stay on those stripes
nice toad!!

Ambassadorhawg
04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Nice fish but I like this one better...

waa, waa, waaaaaaa

StriperEye
04-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Gary, I am so impressed! Man, how do you do it? I am so f*%^ing jealous!!!!!!! Just shows you are a true and great fisherman! Keep the post coming,,you deserve all the fish you pull from the Duct..I have tried and guess its time to let the masters have there way..I'm about to give!!

FishBalls
04-07-2009, 11:37 PM
DAMN!! I gotta get me one of those - what pound test do you need?

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
WOW!!! thats a pig right there...i can see that 30+ coming very soon

Thanks, I'm still hoping...if the fish gods will it...so let it be done....far from me to tell them no....ha ha.

Thanks,
Gary

nice one wtg
Thanks buddy...ya gotta get ya some mo' of that stripey love ! (no pun intended !)

your on fire down there gary!!!!
stay on those stripes
nice toad!!
Gotta get these weather patterns straightened out and we'll see about some Mo'....it's been a few days since my last stripey hitt........I'm jones'in !

I can feel that strike already...in my minds eye !

They have been in real trippy bite patterns lately....though

B4 the storms they would do a full on PRESSURE bite and fish on !

During the storms (and the periods between) I got the "Batting" strike where they would try to smack the lure and knock it out !

In the short interim between the fronts where we had a week and 1/2 of good pressure....they were "T-Boning" the lure where I would hook each fish the identical way....1 set of trebles in the upper left lip and 1 set of trebles on the lower right jaw....the lure would be locked in their mouth sideways.....clear indicators that they were "T-boning"!

Typically I always hook them on the belly hook of the KPN shad, usuallynin the jaw or upper lip.

Can't wait for a solid pattern again.....hopefully soon..
Gary

Nice fish but I like this one better...

waa, waa, waaaaaaa

Ahhhhhh yes, I can see that you WOULD like that pic beter as it looks so familiar to you and the suit you are bound to waer in the future......ha ha ha.....gotta love it...

Woo hoo hoo hoo....ha ha ha ha....

LOL j/k

Gary, I am so impressed! Man, how do you do it? I am so f*%^ing jealous!!!!!!! Just shows you are a true and great fisherman! Keep the post coming,,you deserve all the fish you pull from the Duct..I have tried and guess its time to let the masters have there way..I'm about to give!!

Dont give up man....you just need to beleive and keep trying...it took me a few times out to land one...

Your right though...I feel when one does catch one there that they deserve it....pay the dues......put the time in and the rewards will come....

I won't tell you what to fish but I've provided all those details so you should not be left wondering what to fish or how to fish it....

Get on them suckas.........
This weather pattern again has reversed our much needed progress in the bite though....

But don't let things stop ya...sooner or later your # will come up !
Good luck,
Gary

DAMN!! I gotta get me one of those - what pound test do you need?

15 lb seaquar.....one might want to consider 17 or 20 though..they are strong and th cement in the duct can be harsh at times !..

good line is imperitive !

thepuma
04-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Awesome fish Gary. You are the MAN!!!! I fished Monday night. I felt I should have had some action in my mind, but nada.... Last Sunday I took Penny for a walk around the duct. They had the water level down 5-6 feet from normal. Not sure what they were doing. That may have affected the bite for Monday. Who knows. It was a trip seeing the water that low.
Anyway, congrats on that PIG!!!
Scott