PDA

View Full Version : Now is the time fellas, please read

bluefin2na
04-02-2009, 07:32 AM
The time is now, there will be no later
on this issue. We all have a stake in this matter. Get in the game!

To Everyone Concerned With The Threat of MPAs

Friendly State Senators (Senators Florez, Ducheny and Hollingsworth) share our concerns and are interested in pursuing a Legislative review of the MLPA process and the creation of MPAs. To do so they need the support and permission of the leader in the Senate, President proTem Steinberg. MPA advocates are pressing him to stop any investigation. It is critical that everyone contact Senator Steinberg with the following message: CALL his office and FAX it to his office also (see below for numbers).

April 1, 2009
The Honorable Darrell Steinberg
President Pro Tempore
State Capitol, Room 205
Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Senator Steinberg:

The Marine Life Protection Act process requires oversight by the Legislature to ensure compliance with the law. I urge the Senate to exercise its oversight authority to investigate the numerous conflicts-of-interest in the MLPA process; the lack of funding to adequately carry out the program; and the inequitable single focus on fishing to fix the ocean. Further, I urge the Senate to investigate the cost of implementing the MLPA in light of California’s unprecedented budget shortfall. Without funding for science, monitoring and enforcement, huge sections of the ocean will be closed to fishing forever. This will unnecessarily impact the economy of coastal businesses and seafood consumers at the worst possible time in this terrible recession.
Thank you for considering my views.
Name
Address
City, CA zip
Phone number

Please call Senator Steinberg's office with this message and also print it out and Fax it today! His numbers are:
Phone – 916-651-4006
FAX - 916-323-2263

THIS IS IMPORTANT!