PDA

View Full Version : A night of FIRSTS at NPH!! 4/1

Tesserz
04-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Made a 4th trip out to NPH after only catching the skunk the first 3 times. I was DETERMINED to catch something this time! Jaysuuun and I got there around 6:45ish. Started off with a few short bites that made us hungry for more. Jaysuuun got the first hookup with a pancake. After a couple of hours I thought I was gonna end up with another skunk, but as Hesbro advised, I stayed positive. And it WORKED!!!

FIRST catch out of NPH...

FIRST catch on the dropshot...

FIRST legal hali!! (my only other one was a pancake at seal a year ago)

My biggest fish yet!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! :Razz: :Razz: :Razz:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/xotessox8/hali1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/xotessox8/hali2-1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/xotessox8/hali3-1.jpg

Barely legal but good enough for me! I was sooooo happy, I'll never forget it! I was casting out a gulp jerkshad in sardine when I thought I was stuck on something. I yelled out, "dammit I'm snagged on someth-" then "ZzzzZZzZZzzzz!!!" went my drag. WOOoOooOoHooOOoOoo!!!! That was the best. :Smile:

I ended the night with another pancake and something else that pulled drag and broke me off. :Sad: But in the end it was a great night... the first legal hali of many, I hope. :Wink:

daveg456
04-02-2009, 01:51 AM
So many firsts and going from skunks to hero with one fish. FYI, there are a lot of guys that have fished for years and never gotten a legal so you should feel proud despite the previous skunks. Good job.

trashetanush
04-02-2009, 01:56 AM
Congrats on your fish and nice report.

HESBROS
04-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Wowser, can't beat that! Awesome fish! I am so happy for you Tess! Your persistance paid off!

Stormcrow
04-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Awesome! Great report and an interesting read. Pics are cool too. The only problem I have is that you have a Patriots hat on. BIG downer! haha

thepuma
04-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Awesome Post!!! What a great fish! Congrats on being able to keep it. Thanks for sharing.

Wingnut
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
The smile on your face is "priceless". Congrats on your first of many legal Halis.
The power of positive thinking.
Excellent first report, now go get yourself a big Spottie! :Wink:

HEMAN
04-02-2009, 11:23 AM
congrats... great job out there...

Granny Fish
04-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Wingnut is right, the smile says it all. That's pretty cool, you thought you were snagged on something and then the something started pulling drag. I've come close to getting a legal, but not yet.

PureAle
04-02-2009, 11:49 AM
wow way to go, im still trying hard for my first hali!!!

PureAle

Santa Fe Eric
04-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Congratulations! Now you are hooked!
Smile is priceless!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Congrats.....welcome to the world of Halibut oblivion....it's really habit forming but what a habit to have..

Nice work, we look forward to many more reports such as this..
Keep on 'em,
Gary

Jaysuuun
04-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Now thats what I call a SKUNKBUSTER!!! Congratulations on your legal hali. It always happens when you least expect it. Look out Spotties! Your next! :Wink:

The only problem I have is that you have a Patriots hat on. BIG downer! haha

LOL! The patriots beanie is mine actually. It was the only beanie I had in my truck that she could use.

ghetto dad
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Nice job!!!!!!!!!

Gd

BingJr
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Great job out there, awesome job on the legal hali. Way to stick to it!@

britheguy
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Awesome Fish!

I am still waiting for my first Legal, haha. Way to Slay!

slixx
04-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Congrats nice looking hali

Tesserz
04-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Thank you all sooo much for your replies! I love this site, everyone is so great and supportive. I really liked that Wingnut replied to everyone on his last post so I will do the same. :Wink:

So many firsts and going from skunks to hero with one fish. FYI, there are a lot of guys that have fished for years and never gotten a legal so you should feel proud despite the previous skunks. Good job.
LOL I didn't quite think of myself as a "hero" but if you say so! hahah jk. Honestly, I really didn't know how hard these legals are to catch till I read your reply. Wow! Seriously, I think I just got real lucky, but I'm glad I did! :Razz:

Congrats on your fish and nice report.

Thanks! It's my first report of many, I hope!

Wowser, can't beat that! Awesome fish! I am so happy for you Tess! Your persistance paid off!
Thanks Eddie!! I was getting SO frustrated cauz Jason was catching all the fish! LOL. Definitely outfished him last night. :Wink: Wish you were there! I owe all my spots to you!

Awesome! Great report and an interesting read. Pics are cool too. The only problem I have is that you have a Patriots hat on. BIG downer! haha
LOL!!! It isn't mine, but I'll make sure to turn it around next time, hahaha. It's cold out there! It could've been worse, at least it wasn't a Raiders beanie, LOL! But thanks for your reply. :Smile:

Awesome Post!!! What a great fish! Congrats on being able to keep it. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I was just happy to finally catch SOMETHING outta NPH, lol, I was actually only hoping for a pancake at the very least. LOL! I never would've imagined it to be a legal hali, but I'm not complaining. :Wink:

The smile on your face is "priceless". Congrats on your first of many legal Halis.
The power of positive thinking.
Excellent first report, now go get yourself a big Spottie! :Wink:
Thanks!! Ya, that smile was permanently affixed to my face for the rest of the night, lol! I really do hope it is the first of many... just gotta keep going out there I guess. And YES, I need to get myself a spottie! He doesn't even have to be big, a mini one will do, lol! Hopefully the 5th time will be a charm for that. hahaha

congrats... great job out there...
Thank you! It took me a while to get the whole DS thing but I think I finally got the hang of it. :Wink:

Wingnut is right, the smile says it all. That's pretty cool, you thought you were snagged on something and then the something started pulling drag. I've come close to getting a legal, but not yet.
Ya I know, it was crazy. I really did just get lucky though... I think my lure just landed right on top of him, lol. Kinda freaked me out cauz I wasn't expecting it, but it was a great feeling. I'm sure you'll get one when you least expect it! :Razz:

wow way to go, im still trying hard for my first hali!!!

PureAle
Thanks! Where do you usually go fishing at? I'm still trying for my first spottie, lol, that's actually what I was trying to catch, LOL!

Congratulations! Now you are hooked!
Smile is priceless!
I AM hooked!! :Razz: I was starting to hate NPH cauz I was the only one not catching anything, lol. BUT, I think I've changed my mind. :Wink:

Congrats.....welcome to the world of Halibut oblivion....it's really habit forming but what a habit to have..

Nice work, we look forward to many more reports such as this..
Keep on 'em,
Gary
Thanks Gary! This has definitely turned me on to the habit! I didn't want to leave that night. Fishing is now fun again, hahhaah.

Now thats what I call a SKUNKBUSTER!!! Congratulations on your legal hali. It always happens when you least expect it. Look out Spotties! Your next! :Wink:
You're a skunkbuster! HA-HA I outfished you. :ROFL: Finally! Thank you hunny for all your support (and re-ties, lol). I never would've been able to do it without you. :Smile: So... where's yours? LOL! I want a spottie now!

Nice job!!!!!!!!!

Gd
Thanks!!!!!!!!!! :Razz:

Great job out there, awesome job on the legal hali. Way to stick to it!@
Thanks! I'm just SO glad he didn't wrap himself around a piling, I would've been so sad since he was my first hookup there. First and not the last!

Awesome Fish!

I am still waiting for my first Legal, haha. Way to Slay!

Thank you! I'm sure you'll get yours soon, when you least expect it! That'll be the best feeling. :Razz:

calico killer kevin
04-02-2009, 08:22 PM
There you go! I knew NPH would eventually pan out for you two.
Great job and looking forward to the next post.

Tesserz
04-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Congrats nice looking hali

Thanks! :Smile:

There you go! I knew NPH would eventually pan out for you two.
Great job and looking forward to the next post.

Thanks Kevin, and thanks for all the tips your shared with Jason. We're lookin to catch some fat spotties next. Calicos look really cool and I'd love to go after those sometime too. :Smile: