PDA

View Full Version : The Vine April 1st....

Crab
04-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Soooooo we head out today and find blue skies, air 60ish degrees in the am. water 61 on west side.Last week the guys were killing them at the boat docks...today it was reeally calm, not much action there first light.So we forgo the bait n wait and head out to the damn.We pulled needlefish,crankbaits and such for nada.(bout hr.n half of nada) So we tie on some worms and start pulling them around....bingo. Bite stayed pretty steady most of day.Last week had nice size to the fish(2lbs avg)...this week much smaller (1.5lbs) or so?
Avg. but in nice shape, full tails and great fighting.Got 3 that went 3lbs or so.Wind was light most of day, which was suprising, water 63 in aftrnoon,air not much beyond 70.Beautifull day out on the lake.We ended with something like 12 or 13 between 3 of us.Had one come unbuttoned at the boat(small kind)which I included in count. :)
At 10till 4 the patrol boat came and rounded us up......just one more...?
Good times....good luck all. :)

btw: I pulled a Tady 45 on my short stick for an hr or so at first light....nothing...those yellows must take a little time to acclimate..... ;)

Troutman65
04-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a nice day fishing at the lake Thanks for the report.

HelloBendo420
04-01-2009, 09:04 PM
nice job out there! thanks for the report. Looks like the waters warmin up.
any crappie action??
i'll be out there tomorrow on the slab search.
just my lady and I, if anyone wants to split the cost of a motor boat send me a pm

i'd appreciate pointers from any of you panfisherman out there

SteveH
04-01-2009, 10:43 PM
The water is starting to warm up :(
If it goes up a couple more degrees, the trout bite is done. To bad the Vine can't be open at night on weekends at this time. The trout may not feed much during the day once it warms up but I am positive it would be on at night. I've caught many of my biggest trout at night.
I'd love to fish the vine at night for trout but its all long over with, when the summer hours kick in.
Maybe in the future, the Vine gang might consider some sort year round night fishing at the vine. Just a thought.
Tight Lines...

SteveH
04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Panfish are everywhere.
They were killing them on the boat ramp dock.
Tons of big slaps (state record fish!) in the flats by the creek also.
tight lines..

Crab
04-02-2009, 06:58 AM
The water is starting to warm up :(
If it goes up a couple more degrees, the trout bite is done. To bad the Vine can't be open at night on weekends at this time. The trout may not feed much during the day once it warms up but I am positive it would be on at night. I've caught many of my biggest trout at night.
I'd love to fish the vine at night for trout but its all long over with, when the summer hours kick in.
Maybe in the future, the Vine gang might consider some sort year round night fishing at the vine. Just a thought.
Tight Lines...

Yup...starting to get a little warm.LAst weeks surfacwe temp was 58-59.But we also had that big wind over the weekend which turned the lake a bit, helping keep the temps down.I'm hoping for a couple more weeks on the trout bite...then its going to be pretty slow i think.Night fishing would be cool, but dont think that will ever happen.As far a as crappie go...yeah there pretty much wide open.Caught 2 and a b-gill last while tossing a minimjig for trout...in about 5 min. :) Best of luck out there!