PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 aborad the San Diego

mstr fish
04-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Finally got the chance to go and fish on 3-30. Went out with my son and a good friend of mine. The plan was to fish deep in the morning in what I believe was the 9 mile bank. (Sorry still learning) We endend up @ the Coronados around 10 or 11am where we finished up our day. There were only 15 of us on the boat and the crew was TOP NOTCH. From begining to end they were all very pleasant and helpful to all our needs. I was even scolded by a deckhand when we came to our first spot. What had happened was that I got my sons pole and was showing how to drop the line in and to feel for the bottom etc. When the deckie comes and asks me where my pole was. I explained that this was my sons 2nd time so I was showing him and my pole was still in the holder. He told me to go fish and that was his job!!!!!!! I thought that was way cool of him. They even asked what all of our names were and called everyone on the boat by there names. The food was great and at no time did I feel like I was a pain by any crew member on the boat. I would definitly go again on this boat and with out a doubt recomend it to. We used squid and sardines for bait and I even caught a ling(RELEASED) and a tree fish on the iron which was a first for me. Thanks for reading.....................fish

sansou
04-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Good looking tree fish! Sounds like you guys had a pleasant father/son outing.

deanhall32
04-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Well worth the drive wasn't it?? Looks like you guys had a great trip and a nice light load. That boat was catching bluefin tuna on its 3/4 run this summer!!!

calico killer kevin
04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the report.

The San Diego is one of my favorite boats to fish from and the crew is the best. They are normally an overnight boat I think. The last time I fished 3/4 off that boat, we got into a WFO 30-40lb YFT bite!

supasportkid
04-01-2009, 06:17 PM
great report, sounds like a great trip

TShaffer
04-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Nice job out there. It's really awesome when you get a nice crew like that.

04-01-2009, 09:29 PM
How much was the 3/4 day per person?

JapanRon
04-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi mstr fish,

I have never fished this boat but I follow her counts occasionally. Boat and crew are often very high on the quality catching too !! On my SD list ...... for sure. Day at the Docks might be the change since ......

Appreciate the update!! Big (SD) boat huh !

JapanRon

flopps1
04-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Yep! Agreed! Good crew on the San Diego!

Always nice to spend some quality time with the kids! Good job out there!