PDA

View Full Version : BERKLEY Rods

ODOGFISH
03-31-2009, 07:07 PM
been eye-ball'n one of them new TACTIX Rods in the 6' to 7' range for trout'n and some lite corb fish'n ... going to pair it to my new 1500 SEDONA thats loaded with 4# P-Line FLOROCLEAR .

... any coments good or bad are welcome

phuck I have got to stop buying tackel ... :ROFL:

bsp
03-31-2009, 07:26 PM
I had one for a few months, and it landed some nice fish before I gave it to one of my friends. Does it perform on the level of my Phenix 802? No, but it didn't cost as much either. Basically, it's a solid rod for the price point.

The only negative thing would be that my friend broke the tip a month after I gave it to him. He said he snapped it on the hookset. I don't know if he had abused the rod before this happened, but it seemed a little strange that it would have broken on a trout.

Troutman65
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
I think the rods your talking about Marlon Mead gave out to his Pro Staff Team for Christmas. I saw one the other day and I wanted to buy one for Crappie fishing. The rod looks great and preforms great one said one of the Pro Team members as I was checking it out.I went looking for it but could not find it. Bought a Diawa instead. It a good entry level rod for sure.

uscjeffer
04-03-2009, 10:26 AM
I got one of the 7'6" tactix at Fredhall to pretty much fish trout jigs/worms on.

I like the blank and the overall action of the rod, I'm not too crazy about the guides though. Not sure why. Of course its not higher end rod like a Loomis/St Croix/Phenix but for the price it seems like a good price for the quality.

Crawler
04-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Semi unrelated, but I have two old (early 90's) Berkley "Power bait" rods. They are darkish orange and were designed specifically to fish power bait. They are buttery as can be. :biggrin:

DarkShadow
04-08-2009, 03:32 PM
... and were designed specifically to fish power bait.

I'm curious on how one goes about designing a rod specifically for Power Bait?

I know I'd design mine with a Teflon coated handle so you can easily remove that paste off when you get it on there accidently. I'd also incorporate a bell at the tip so I know when I get bit.

Crawler
04-28-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm curious on how one goes about designing a rod specifically for Power Bait?

I know I'd design mine with a Teflon coated handle so you can easily remove that paste off when you get it on there accidently. I'd also incorporate a bell at the tip so I know when I get bit.

I dont know. But it says "Berkley Trout Rod" "Designed to fish Berkley Power Bait". Its glass and super buttery. Buttery like a kencor. :Cool:

Troutslayer620
05-06-2009, 12:37 AM
I think the rods your talking about Marlon Mead gave out to his Pro Staff Team for Christmas. I saw one the other day and I wanted to buy one for Crappie fishing. The rod looks great and preforms great one said one of the Pro Team members as I was checking it out.I went looking for it but could not find it. Bought a Diawa instead. It a good entry level rod for sure.

Bass Pro Shops carries them, they are nice rods.