PDA

View Full Version : Lower Kern (HOBO)

larrymus
03-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Every year I hit the lower Kern and spend a few weekends camping and fishing at Hobo. The trout fishing there is usually pretty good. But rumor has it that HOBO has closed and will not reopen... Can anyone confirm this?

Joshua
03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Every year I hit the lower Kern and spend a few weekends camping and fishing at Hobo. The trout fishing there is usually pretty good. But rumor has it that HOBO has closed and will not reopen... Can anyone confirm this?
I havent heard anything about the campground, But I do know that all trout platns on the Kern have been stopped due to the lawsuit. DFG is being sued by some tree huggers.
Maybe the information you received was referring to the fish plants and not the campground
Try this site
http://www.kernrivervalley.net/board/

madhatter
03-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Ugh. I'm a tree hugger myself, and I must ask everyone to remember that not all tree huggers are this OCD and 'out there.'

joe man
04-01-2009, 07:07 AM
If I am not mistaken they are still planting the Lower Kern but they have stopped on the Upper. If Hobo is closed you might try SAndy Flats. It is just a short walk up rivier and the last time I was there the fishing was pretty good.

Joshua
04-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Ugh. I'm a tree hugger myself, and I must ask everyone to remember that not all tree huggers are this OCD and 'out there.'
most outdoors are tree huggers. Just cant go to the extreme. We all want to protect our resources

Joshua
04-01-2009, 10:21 AM
If I am not mistaken they are still planting the Lower Kern but they have stopped on the Upper. If Hobo is closed you might try SAndy Flats. It is just a short walk up rivier and the last time I was there the fishing was pretty good.
I know they were going to petition the courts to review the case and remove the Lower Kern from the DO NOT STOCK list. Last time I checked the Lower Kern was still NOT being planted.

joe man
04-01-2009, 12:29 PM
I know they were going to petition the courts to review the case and remove the Lower Kern from the DO NOT STOCK list. Last time I checked the Lower Kern was still NOT being planted.

I will check into it and find out. My coworker who lives in Lake Isabella tells me that the lower was not affected. The artical I read did say that they were stocking below the dam but I could have missed a later regulation.