PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris

fisherman9
03-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Heading out there on Thursday for the first time. Just got my reservation to launch my boat just in case. Were going after LMB.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the lake,spots, what their biting on etc. I've read that the deep bite is doing good, but not sure what to use, was thinking dropshotting.

Any info is much appreciated.

Fishbrains
03-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey, jus got home from perris..Got on the water @ 7am.. Was perfect glass..3 of us were throwing plastics,crawdads, and nightcrawlers. Was pretty slow few short bites and landed 1 nice lmb about 4lbs in rock climbers cove..the lake is very low so your gonna have to find structure..Id recommend crawdads deep and plastics. Good Luck!

lurk 182
03-31-2009, 03:27 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=31315

fisherman9
03-31-2009, 03:35 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=31315

Yeah i read that post, but I'm still not sure what to use in deeper water.

fishboy93
03-31-2009, 04:06 PM
I got three words for you. CALL PETE MARINO. im dead serious the fish his been catching are all 30-40 ft deep.he knows that lake like the back of his hand.

fisherman9
03-31-2009, 04:30 PM
I got three words for you. CALL PETE MARINO. im dead serious the fish his been catching are all 30-40 ft deep.he knows that lake like the back of his hand.

I have my own boat w/ trolling motor and fish finder, I don't wanna pay that much just to learn a lake and how to catch them when i can just ask around.

Don't get me wrong though, guides are great. Went on 3 or 4 guided trips in northern Wisconsin this summer and had a blast. But I didn't pay 15,000 for my boat to not use it.

lurk 182
03-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Yeah i read that post, but I'm still not sure what to use in deeper water.

come on, you want him to catch em for you? why do you even fish?

Pete Marino
03-31-2009, 04:59 PM
I appreciate the kind words..

It takes more then having a boat, trolling motor and fishfinder out there....you've read what depth to fish...I cant give up baits though..

Time on the lake is huge...and KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!! :Smile:

Good luck out there...

Pete

fisherman9
03-31-2009, 05:26 PM
come on, you want him to catch em for you? why do you even fish?

I appreciate the kind words..

It takes more then having a boat, trolling motor and fishfinder out there....you've read what depth to fish...I cant give up baits though..

Time on the lake is huge...and KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!! :Smile:

Good luck out there...

Pete

I agree that it takes more then the boat, trolling motor and fishfinder. But my point was that since i have those i don't feel i need to spend more on a guided trip when i have my own boat.

I understand that you can't give out baits. I wasn't expecting you to at all. Considering you make your living to my understanding from guiding, and wouldn't want you as a professional to give away secrets for free. My question regarding baits was directed towards the other members of FNN that have fished Perris lately.

Lurk, there is no reason to be a A hole. I was just seeking some advice and answers. The "low down" as of late. You should go look up the golden rule, instead of trolling the forums looking to criticize people.

And Pete I do not mean to offend you in any way. Guided trips are great, I learned a lot about walleye fishing on the few trips i went on this past summer. But like i said I have my own boat to my disposal and didn't pay all that money for it for nothing.

lurk 182
03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
homeboy, if i was trying to be an A-hole, believe me, i can do a way better job than giving you a link to a very recent, very detailed report from the lake you're asking about. i just don't get what would even be fun about having everything spelled out. c-rig a brush hog on a four foot leader with a half oz sinker on ten pound flourocarbon in thirty eight feet of water at rockclimbers cove at about 9:30 am. is that what you're looking for?

fisherman9
03-31-2009, 06:21 PM
homeboy, if i was trying to be an A-hole, believe me, i can do a way better job than giving you a link to a very recent, very detailed report from the lake you're asking about. i just don't get what would even be fun about having everything spelled out. c-rig a brush hog on a four foot leader with a half oz sinker on ten pound flourocarbon in thirty eight feet of water at rockclimbers cove at about 9:30 am. is that what you're looking for?

For starters I am not your "homeboy". And i said you were being a A-hole because of your attitude in your following up post, not the linking one. What you posted was rude, your seriously lacking some social intelligence.

"I was wondering if anyone has any info on the lake,spots, what their biting on etc."

I didn't ask for anything to be spelled out for me. I asked for any info, and I got the info as far as temp, depths and a spot. Then i stated that i was confused on what to use in deeper water. Just seeking advice, I don't know about you but i use these forums to learn, read the reports, and try and help others. I have learned in the past from trial and error on what to use, however i work 7 days a week(night shift) and do not get to take my boat out and fish the AM often. So that being said i just wanted to know what has been working for other anglers recently bait wise, so i can get out and catch more fish then i would going throught my whole tackle box looking for something that works. Sorry for wanting to catch fish.:Wink:

lurk 182
03-31-2009, 06:27 PM
alright, i'll let the "jury" call this one. when you get a report like Pete's and you need the bait he was fishing too, i just don't know what to tell ya, and i'm a little sad we're not homeboys.

Pete Marino
03-31-2009, 06:39 PM
No offense taken..

Good luck out there...

Pete

fisherman9
03-31-2009, 06:39 PM
alright, i'll let the "jury" call this one. when you get a report like Pete's and you need the bait he was fishing too, i just don't know what to tell ya, and i'm a little sad we're not homeboys.

Did you not read my whole post?

"Then i stated that i was confused on what to use in deeper water."

I wasn't asking for a specific weight, brand, color, line etc. I was looking for more of a category of what type of lures / plastics.

"I have learned in the past from trial and error on what to use."

"So that being said i just wanted to know what has been working for other anglers recently bait wise, so i can get out and catch more fish then i would going thought my whole tackle box looking for something that works."

"I understand that you can't give out baits. I wasn't expecting you to at all. Considering you make your living to my understanding from guiding, and wouldn't want you as a professional to give away secrets for free. My question regarding baits was directed towards the other members of FNN that have fished Perris lately."

There made it easy for ya. :ROFL:

fisherman9
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
No offense taken..

Good luck out there...

Pete

Thank you. I do appreciate all the reports you give, they help a lot. :Smile:

samgann93
03-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Petes reports are awesome. i enjoy reading them and makes me jealous every time that i cant get out there.

Fisherman9: I understand asking for info as im not the most experienced angler out there. everyone on fnn has always been very helpful.
my tip would be try drop shotting roboworms. its always been succesful at perris for me.

good luck out there,
S.G

fishboy93
03-31-2009, 08:07 PM
no prob pete. im jus telling it how it is.

fishindude420
03-31-2009, 08:11 PM
I have my own boat w/ trolling motor and fish finder, I don't wanna pay that much just to learn a lake and how to catch them when i can just ask around.

Don't get me wrong though, guides are great. Went on 3 or 4 guided trips in northern Wisconsin this summer and had a blast. But I didn't pay 15,000 for my boat to not use it.

you dont need a guide to catch fish at perris dude. if you got a boat and a fish finder and u know what ur doing ull stick some good fish out there. like everyone else said i would stick to the deep bite still. if you can find em schooled up on your graph and there on the chew they shouldnt be very hard to catch. every time i find em schooled like that and there hungry there pretty easy to catch. no point paying all that money for a guide if u can catch them yourself. pm me if u have anymore questions. ive spent alot of time on that lake

fisherman9
03-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Petes reports are awesome. i enjoy reading them and makes me jealous every time that i cant get out there.

Fisherman9: I understand asking for info as im not the most experienced angler out there. everyone on fnn has always been very helpful.
my tip would be try drop shotting roboworms. its always been succesful at perris for me.

good luck out there,
S.G

Thanks for the tip.

you dont need a guide to catch fish at perris dude. if you got a boat and a fish finder and u know what ur doing ull stick some good fish out there. like everyone else said i would stick to the deep bite still. if you can find em schooled up on your graph and there on the chew they shouldnt be very hard to catch. every time i find em schooled like that and there hungry there pretty easy to catch. no point paying all that money for a guide if u can catch them yourself. pm me if u have anymore questions. ive spent alot of time on that lake

That was one of the points i was trying to make. Except for knowing what I'm doing as far as what lures are considered deep water baits. Anyways thanks for the advice.

Tom
03-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Heading out there on Thursday for the first time. Just got my reservation to launch my boat just in case. Were going after LMB.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the lake,spots, what their biting on etc. I've read that the deep bite is doing good, but not sure what to use, was thinking dropshotting.

Any info is much appreciated.

A good spot is to fish the rock off the Island. The Island has been pretty hot for larger fish.
Also a few Large females in the east end
Slow rolled spinner baits and palstics are working for me
Some fish up in the ramp area at the moment
Don't forget the area around the old gravel pit
Most of the Larger fish have been 20-30 feet for me....BUT a few are shallow
Drop shot works fine also
you will catch fish they are for the most part pretty concentrated
Tom