PDA

View Full Version : Piru 3/30 Monday Monsoon

Fishthewhaler
03-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Charlie B and I decided to take the Whaler out to Piru along with Annie my wifee and see if these slabs want to bite full speed ,without all the boat pressure as last weekend. Got there to see about 3 other trailers, and gusts to about 45 MPH. We hit a spot from last week and we got there to see Crapppie Mike in the zone,(Good to Meet Ya CM) My girl instant hooks up on Slab #1, A bigger unit...Charlie'B eyes lit up and smiles from ear to ear"Are you serious?" he says as the first slab hits the stringer. Wind became a serious issue as we fished hard in the cove most of the morning. Covered alot of territory. We fished til 4 when it was time to call it quits, I had to work at 7:pm. We ended the day with a Piru slam of a trout, redear,a couple chunky LMB , and each picked away at some slabs.. We didn't have the slay fest we hoped for, but nevertheless they bit considering the turbulence we were in. Conditions are looking better and the bass bite is starting to look good. Still looking to scratch that crappie itch.
Of course when we left the wind pretty much died down, and the evening bite was probably good. DAMN!

Hitts0n
03-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Boy oh Boy ! I never fished for those thing! I want in ! Slang um !

JSAUCE818
03-31-2009, 12:58 PM
bOOyAH! NICE SLABS!..GOOD JOB FELLOW 818 ANGLER.

DEADROOTS
03-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh ya! Nice slabs guy's.

craznazn
03-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Nice job....

CharlieB
03-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks for making me go..... It seems harder and harder to get out these days. I will tell you what I am RUSTY too!..... So to break out the UL gear and hunt for Slabs sounded great. Plus I have to break in the New Addition to the collection. I accutally woke up on time. And all my fishing partners no I will be the last to show up.... I was ready. Got to the lake and the HAWK was waiting on us. And seemed to follow us all day. At times making it impossible to sit on the spot. The fish are there, had a few bites, some pop offs and had a little action. all in all a great day. Next time tell the hawk to stay away. Not sure where we are going this weekend but we are going to get them.

crappiemike
03-31-2009, 08:18 PM
nice to meet you guys out there... we ended up early for a few slabs nothing to report
but i'll be up a cachuma sometime this week targeting slabs!!! thnx for the report...

cm

thepuma
04-01-2009, 07:43 AM
I bet those things were tasty!!!!! Great report! Thanks for sharing!