PDA

View Full Version : 3/30 report of peanuts and goldfish

SteveH
03-30-2009, 10:12 PM
My weekly Monday journey to the Vine found me 2nd in line at 4am. Not nearly as cold as last week. Hit the bait shop to see the "old" gang. I tried to sell them on a 2 day saltwater trip on the Ranger 85 @ the end of July. We have 10 spots left on our charter @ $450 a spot.
It's gonna be great trip. Anyone interested?
On with the report. Launched and headed to the "super secret spot" along the red cliffs.
3 minutes in the water and nice 3 pounder was ripping out line. I then lost several more in the bushes and 2 more coming unbuttoned at the net?
I finally managed to get number 2 in the net. Then it got slow. About an hour later, I got a double hookup. By the time I got to the 2nd pole, the fish was tangled somewhere.
Then Patrick stopped by to share the story of the "way over limit" crappie gold fish guy.
I then trolled toward the dam to find the water on in the cove !!!!!!! ;)
It must of just come on as there wasn't much action back there yet (SOON).
Ended up back by the boat ramp and the cove to pick up one more. By then the wind was howling and my sea anchors would barely hold. So I packed it up about 1:30pm.
While at the cleaning station, I seen a guy cleaning a trout that was full of peanuts. I've seen trout eat alot things such as cigarrette butts and rocks but this a 1st for peanuts.
Tight Lines..

aoessand
03-30-2009, 10:19 PM
thnx for the report ill be lining up in a few hours :)

Crab
03-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Nice report. Love the part about the peanuts....hey maybe a peanut PB?? LOL
I'm out ther on wed....my usual. :)

fishndrinknsmokin
03-31-2009, 07:15 AM
Then Patrick stopped by to share the story of the "way over limit" crappie gold fish guy.
Tight Lines..

Yeah I heard the story too. Can't believe some of the idiots out there. F'ing guy drops the gold fish from his pocket :ROFL: Wonder if the crickets were hiding in his hat :ROFL: :ROFL:

Mondo21
03-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Peanuts and Trout..."OH My!!!" I know what to bring next time for bait.:ROFL: Thanks for the report. Cindy:Smile:

HelloBendo420
04-01-2009, 11:15 PM
peanuts? weird. I was at LNL last tuesday and one of the lightning we caught was full of corn kernels. Cheaters!

SteveH
04-01-2009, 11:40 PM
That fish also had corn in it!
About 6 or 7 peanuts and corn kernels....
Tight lines...

FishermanStu
04-02-2009, 12:00 AM
corn kernels and peanuts. id say its time to bust out the corn nuts

SteveH
04-02-2009, 12:05 AM
LOL, you're probably right !

Crab
04-02-2009, 07:03 AM
MMMmmmmmmm.....sounds like those trout come with the stuffing built right in...just throw them bad boys on the grill! ;)

TroutOnly
04-02-2009, 07:51 AM
SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE WAS CHUMMING,,,,,,,t/o