PDA

View Full Version : Lower Goon Trout Rpt. 3/29

Red Drum
03-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Well, one that is.

With some good crappie reports from the lagoon lake at Castaic, I decided to take my little red aluminum boat "Red Drum" up to the Goon with my buddy Jason "jscrib" and give the ocean a break and the freshwater a try.

In short, the fishing was EPIC but, the catching was NOT. Only one bite and I pulled in a Rainbow. That was it for 5 hours, thanks to the colder water being dumped into the lower lake. Talked to quite a few people fishing from boats and along the shoreline and they all said it was slow. Hardly metered any fish until I got over in the cove near the private dock on the south/west side of the lagoon. Actually metered numerous bait balls and alot of bigger fishing cruising around, but couldn't get any more biters. Fished texas rigged GULP worms, Crappie Jigs, Nigthcrawlers 4 feet under bobbers and Nightcrawlers on the dropper-shot.

I normally fish in the saltwater and for the most part, that lagoon looked barren on the meter compared to fishing out on the big pond. I did meter a few big arse marks, which were probably those double digit hog Bass.

We still had a fun time even if the catching was bad. Laughed a lot. Jason dropping the anchor chain on the bottom of my aluminum boat near some bass fisherman didn't go over so well. Jason forgot that when you fish a lake you're supposed to be quiet. :lol: :lol:

Here I am with the skunk buster:

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/2/0/3/9/001_650485.jpg

thepuma
03-31-2009, 07:36 AM
Way to blow the skunk off! Looks like a nice trout. I plan on hitting the Lagoon in my tube when the weather gets just a bit warmer. Thanks for info. I think I will hit the "big pond" this weekend. I need to do something. I know what you mean about the fish finders. I have a homemade fish finder attached to my float tube and it does come alive out there in the ocean.
Thanks for the report.

ODOGFISH
03-31-2009, 07:52 AM
... maybe its bad luck to take scriby to fresh water ... :ROFL: ... ,, nice goon trout