PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Hate Mondays @ the Vine

fishndrinknsmokin
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
After last weeks successful excursion I decided to hit it up again today with the nephew following close behind. Got there around 520 to a short line up and set up in the same spot as last week, which was a good choice as last weeks hot spot was open when I arrived as well. No one followed me in but I ran to set up anyways.......just like a little kid at Christmas......so I toss my first line in, put on my strike indicator to settle the line and open the bait runner and then ZZZZZZZZZZZ! First fish is hooked by like 605 and after a couple of runs I get it in and noticed someone had pulled in next to me to fish. Don't pay to much attention to whoever it is tho and run for the other pole, put on some garlic power bait and toss it out. As I turn to fix the other pole I realize that the car that just pulled in was my nephew :Smile: and say good morning and he replies back....... Uncle Scotty your other pole!! This bite isn't as agressive but the fish was there and was able to set the hook and land my second fish of the morning. After the early commotion, I put the nephew in last weeks hot spot and he starts to get his lines wet too.

The bite didn't remain as wide open as it was the first 15 minutes but still pretty good for myself.....by 1030 I had my limit and the nephew had 2 nice fish tucked onto the stringer as well. I fished for another hour and managed one more 3# before Patrick came by to say hello and check out to see how we were doing and show off his scar from last week's guide trip! Thanks for coming by Patrick......it's great to have a chance to be able to chat and get to know you better. You definitely make the Vine a better place to fish in so many different and positive ways!

Landed one more fish before heading up to the shop to grab a couple of burgers for the nephew and I and to buy another pass as we decided to stay until close. After getting back with the food we start munching out BIG TIME and I look over to the boy's pole and ask where his bobber went too? He drops his burger and dashes to his pole to set the hook on the biggest fish of the day. We didn't hit the scales but I'd guess it had to be around 5#. Great catch as the pressure of buying the 2nd pass at 9 fish pays off as we now have 10 :Smile: And then the boy makes the 2nd pass pay off as he grabs another fish before he has a chance to come back for his burger. Lucky for him I wasn't hungry anymore....... :LOL:

Well fed, a couple of beers and a basket of fish had made for a nice day. The fishing slowed and nothing was happening so I started to pick up a few things and get the truck packed up. As I go to grab the fish basket to make the transfer my bait runner starts singing that song we all love ZZZZZZZZZZZ!! I love ending the day with a fish so this hook up was making me smile! Nice fight with a couple of runs at the end made for a story book ending for me today. Total fish, 12, 4 for the nephew and 8 on my stick. :Dancing Banana:

The weather was strange today however. When I got to the line up it was beautiful out, no wind and not chilly at all. As the sun rose it started to warm up and it looked like it was going to be a great day to fish. Sweats come off and shorts come out. Around 10 or so however the wind started to kick up and was blowing around fairly hard for an hour or so. Sweats go back on. :LOL: It settled down just a tad but would cycle back up with gusts every 30 minutes or so. The water was crystal clear before the wind started to blow but turned murky until about 2 when it cleared up again.

Great day of fishing at the Vine despite the annoying wind.

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Delta9incali/P3300007.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Delta9incali/P3300009.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Delta9incali/P3300005.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Delta9incali/P3300006.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Delta9incali/P3300008.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Delta9incali/P3300015.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Delta9incali/P3300014.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Delta9incali/P3300017.jpg

calico killer kevin
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Sweet dude! I've only fished the shore there once because of the new yak. When I become tired of dropping and pulling my anchor, I'll hit up the shore LOL.
GReat catch and report as always.

Kevin

BTW, is that Woody's Cove.

aoessand
03-30-2009, 09:35 PM
i hope my bucket looks like that in about 12 hours! :) was that right at the entrance by the boat dock?

fishndrinknsmokin
03-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks Kev! Maybe I'll join you out on the water soon.......just bought a FatCat Deluxe and it should be here this week. Can't wait to get out on the water and give it a spin! And no that wasn't Woody's.......do you really think I'm ambitious enough to make that hike? :Smile: Patrick made the suggestion in the morning but I decided to fish the shore line formerly known as the campgrounds. FYI, the campground by the boat docks is now closed due to rising water levels and I'm hearing will soon be under water??? Still plenty of room to fish, just no camping according to a posted sign.

calico killer kevin
03-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey Scott Ill be there on Saturday in my kayak most likely so come on out and let's fish.

fishndrinknsmokin
03-30-2009, 09:49 PM
thanks for the invite but I'm meeting a bunch of people to fish SARL. Might go out on Sunday tho.....and if not Monday fo sure! Wanna ditch school? Wait.......don't tell your mom I said that! hahaha

HelloBendo420
03-30-2009, 10:04 PM
nice job out there!
is it me or do the fish fight harder @ irvine lake??
i was there on sunday and the bite was on in the early morning.

fishndrinknsmokin
03-30-2009, 10:11 PM
We were actually talking about that today after we got home. Tough to call on the tail walkers but vs any other trout found locally....I'd say yes.

troutdog
03-31-2009, 01:34 AM
Way to go on the solid limits FDS, what agreat day out there! Man these are the fish I have been hoping for all season. Nice 2-4lb average fish with tails, plus a solid shot at a big fish is why I became a Vine regular. Hopefully with some moderate weather and the high water levels, we can realistacally enjoy trouting all the way into June. Thanks for another great report with pictures FDS!

TD

fishndrinknsmokin
03-31-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks TD it truly was a great day at the lake. Gotta admit that I'm starting to be a convert to the Vine since I've been fishing the reduced crowd weekdays! Hope to see you out there soon!!

Troutman65
03-31-2009, 06:00 PM
FnDnSn, I did not know that was your Nephew Scott. Your Killng me.:Wink: Glad to see you have a good time at the lake. Congrats on your catches !! Thanks for the report & pics. See you next time .

fishndrinknsmokin
03-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah when I talk about the "nephew" people tend to think that he's a little kid that I'm pimping to fish the lagoon when in reality he is a 21 year old (well 21 on Thursday) budding male model (he's got gigs) that I keep around for entirely different reasons. Main reason is that I'm hoping that when he get's famous he'll hire me to take care of his groupies! :ROFL: Seriously, Curtis is the best fishing partner I could have....at least of the male variety!

Troutman65
03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah when I talk about the "nephew" people tend to think that he's a little kid that I'm pimping to fish the lagoon when in reality he is a 21 year old (well 21 on Thursday) budding male model (he's got gigs) that I keep around for entirely different reasons. Main reason is that I'm hoping that when he get's famous he'll hire me to take care of his groupies! :ROFL: Seriously, Curtis is the best fishing partner I could have....at least of the male variety!

Sweet !!! When he gets Famous and you need help w/ the Groupies remember to call me. :ROFL::Wink::Razz:

Nice going Curtis on your catch!!!

:ROFL::Wink:

See you both on the water soon.

TM65

Fisherman57
03-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Nice work gentlemen!

Hitts0n
03-31-2009, 11:33 PM
trout until june would be wonderful! Nice tub !:Smile:

fishndrinknsmokin
04-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Thanks Hitts! And I agree with ya and hope TD is right that we can continue to trout slay until June. That would mean I could give my new tube a good breaking in period!

Chuckie1014
04-01-2009, 08:31 AM
I am planning on fishing the April Fools Tourn. on Sunday. Anyone know where the best spots are for a float tube?? Anyone else attending??

-C