PDA

View Full Version : what happens if it rains?????

samgann93
03-30-2009, 09:06 PM
so i am gonna be hittin up dvl on april 8. and of course there is supposed to be a chance of showers on monday so what do i do for fishing?

do i go deeper?

do i fish for the spawners?

what do i use?

im kinda lost on spring fishing DVL cause ive never done it but now this chance of showers is screwing up my vision. haha.

Any tips of hints would be VERY appreciated,
S.G

lurk 182
03-30-2009, 09:12 PM
you hope there's wind to go with it and you throw swimbaits for pre-spawners. focus on about twenty to twenty five feet of water. the spawners are pretty easy to figure out. if they don't go nose down on the bait right away, move on to the next one down the bank. let us know what happens.

calico killer kevin
03-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Peg a crawler with a 1/32 oz weight or a small metal BB and flyline if there is little wind and it there is wind toss some Hudds.

PHISHnutS
03-31-2009, 07:21 AM
April 8th is a long ways away in terms of weather, don't count on the forecast being very accurate right now.

Don't put your gameplan together just yet.

hookup
03-31-2009, 07:39 AM
all i got to say is that dvl sucks off shore good luck on a boat, i havent been on a boat since febuary.

samgann93
03-31-2009, 11:08 AM
ya im hoping it warms up instead of just getting cold.

what should i be using if i do fish deeper. im gonna be drop shotting a lot because i got a new cumara i wanna try. so is there any specific locations that are good to drop shot around?

fishtacosmmm
03-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Check barometric pressure and fishing to kind off
figure out what to do at that day

good luck, we may go there on thusday

lurk 182
03-31-2009, 03:23 PM
drop shot in water thats a little bit deeper than you can see bottom, say fifteen to twenty five. if you're on shore you're going to have to look at how steep the bank is and estimate how far out to cast. generally, lower barometer and "bad weather" will get fish to chase lures presented more quickly (reaction baits that you cast and reel back). high pressure usually means light line, small baits, fished slow. and you can't tell its going to rain ten days in the future.

DarkShadow
03-31-2009, 03:33 PM
back)and you can't tell its going to rain ten days in the future.

Nuh uh, weather.com says so!

samgann93
03-31-2009, 04:15 PM
the weather looks to be getting better as far as the reports go...

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/hemet/92543/forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipchg=1&metric=0

SPIKEANUT
04-08-2009, 08:08 AM
So I'm heading out there tomorrow. Looking to be a little cloudly with some light winds..sounds like perfect weather so far for some swim baits. Just wondering how your luck was today if you get a chance to post.