PDA

View Full Version : LA Rod and Reel club-special needs childrens fishing event

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-30-2009, 12:08 PM
For Information Contact:
Scott Schiffman (AKA Capt'n here on FNN)

the Los Angeles Rod & Reel club is having a trout event for special needs children.

Sixth Annual

Lou Burke Trout Derby
For Special Needs Children

Friday, April 3, 2009 7:30am to 2:00pm
Hansen Dam Aquatic Center
11798 Foothill Blvd., Lakeview Terrace, CA

Sponsored by the LARRC Foundation

Hitts0n
03-30-2009, 12:19 PM
GARLIC GARY THEY CALLED YOU AT THE LAST EVENT! I WILL HAVE MY TRICKS OUT THERE THIS FRIDAY TO STEAL THAT NAME AND KURRUPT YOUR CROWN ! LMA00! SEE YOU OUT THERE BUDDY ! :Wink:

Sings : Get bass ! Get bass,get bass,get bass !!:Beer Toast:

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
GARLIC GARY THEY CALLED YOU AT THE LAST EVENT! I WILL HAVE MY TRICKS OUT THERE THIS FRIDAY TO STEAL THAT NAME AND KURRUPT YOUR CROWN ! LMA00! SEE YOU OUT THERE BUDDY ! :Wink:

Sings : Get bass ! Get bass,get bass,get bass !!:Beer Toast:

Ahhhhh yes young trout padiwan...but in this event, there are no kings and there are no Crowns....

The kids are the winners here...

you were there last year....theres nothing like seeing those kids faces, happy, so well behaved....priceless.

I can only hope that we get them on fish again this year but one thing is for sure....maybe two things, the kids will have a blast and we, as anglers will leave as more enriched individuals...

I'll see you there,
Gary

P.S.
I cannot even put into words how it makes me feel to see those kids happy..

Hitts0n
03-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Ahhhhh yes young trout padiwan...but in this event, there are no kings and there are no Crowns....

The kids are the winners here...

you were there last year....theres nothing like seeing those kids faces, happy, so well behaved....priceless.

I can only hope that we get them on fish again this year but one thing is for sure....maybe two things, the kids will have a blast and we, as anglers will leave as more enriched individuals...

I'll see you there,
Gary

P.S.
I cannot even put into words how it makes me feel to see those kids happy..

I will bring the secret bait just in case out stuff dont work !
I'll have the camera's rolling ! I wonder how many kids will it be this time ?! Last time was a blast ! I love how all the parents were happy as well !

rrawstron
04-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Gary or Hitts...

PM me if you guys need rods for this...I have 3-4 rods that I would like to donate if necessary.

Let me know

Robert

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Though I have taken part in a few Club events, I personally am not a member.
Due to this, I cannot speak on behalf of the LARRC but I would recommend that you Contact Scott Shiftman (Capt’n here on FNN).

I’m sure they would love to receive the rod donations as they do many children’s events throughout the year and I believe they also do raffles and parking lot sales that benefit Children with disabilities and underprivileged kids.

You’re efforts are unbelievably honorable and I encourage you to contact him regarding that and to help out as well at this event.

Of course, again you will need to speak with Scott regarding going onsite to assist, I’m not sure of the rules regarding people just showing up without contact with the LARRC.

I tip my hat to you for any and all help you can provide to this worthy cause.

P.M Capt’n

I salute you,
Gary

P.S.
A reminder to all: This event is this friday.

JENSEN500
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Man i wish i would have known about this earlier,i would have signed my daughter up for it! She has Downs Syndrome and is hell fire with a rod and reel!

Hitts0n
04-02-2009, 08:41 AM
I'll speak up. I'll go and pick up those Rods today and bring them with me to this event friday. They will always take donatings.Thanks !