PDA

View Full Version : New Personal Best (Epic Day With A Sad Ending)

Poxy Boggards
03-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Took the day off on Thursday with high hopes of another good Corona Outing. Decided not to do the line up, so we got to the lake at about 6:10, and there were still a few cars waiting to get in.

One leg went to rent the boat while I got our stuff loaded on the dock. When I got down to the bottom of the stairs, I noticed that the ramp to the dock was underwater. No problem... went across a couple of boats, got onto the dock and helped the dock worker pull the ramp onto the dock.

Loaded up the boat and headed out to spot#1. We baited and waited for a few hours and caught several nice fish. The hot bite was on the powermouse (White head, glow in the dark tail)

Started trolling, and caught several more nice fish. On our 3rd or 4th lap at about mid lake I see my rod start to load up then nothing, I look back a second later and see my rod loading up again, this time though the drag starts screaming. At first I thought it was probably on a snag, but when i picked up the rod I could feel some headshakes. I could tell that this was a nicer fish right away. I started the battle and asked OL to bring in the other rods. OL get's my other rod out, but the lure got tangled around the line with the big fish. I tried not to panic, and just reached up and bit off the lure wrapped around the line started to reel again thinging that after giving the fish slack for a few seconds it was probably not going to be there. To my surprise, the fish was still on. battled it for another few minutes then about 30 feet back I see color. I yell to OL this is a bigen... battle on for a couple more minutes, and the fish is getting tired though still pulling drag at will. Get it close enough to net the beast, first net attempt failed... Second net attempt, and the fish was mine. A new personal best for sure....

I took it up to the shop to weigh it in and to take a couple of pictures while the fish was still fresh..shatered my old PB record of 10 1/2#'s with this beautiful 15# lloyd.

All in all another great day at Corona lake.

Went down and fished for a couple more hours, then came back up with the limit to clean them up and take another picture. I had my really nice filet knife in my back pocket. You can even see it in the picture. After taking the photo, went over to the cleaning stqation and my knife was gone. Retraced my steps over to the tackloe shop, and asked if anyone saw it. Knife was gone... Someone picked it up or just took it out of my pocket. Sad ending to a great day...

Here are links to a couple of the pics taken at the lake:

http://www.fishingwebcam.com/corona23.jpg
http://www.fishingwebcam.com/corona20.jpg

samgann93
03-30-2009, 11:22 AM
NICE FISH!!!!!!!!!!

i wanna get out there while the biggins are still there

BingJr
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Wes,

What a gorgeous fish.

Even better that it came on the troll! OL is a big fish magnet, especially when it comes to the troll.

Great Job Guys!

GeordyBass
03-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Wes,

What a gorgeous fish.

Even better that it came on the troll! OL is a big fish magnet, especially when it comes to the troll.

Great Job Guys!
no,your lure is....:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Good job poxy for getting that big ol' fish and smelling pegleg all day,,,:EyePop::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Daryl
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Nice fish Wes. In a couple of weeks, I'll be able to join you for a mid-week slay fest.

Rooster
03-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Congrats my brother, Simply awesome and made my day reading your report.. Props

Poxy Boggards
03-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the nice replies everyone! It sure made my day to catch that beast, and to beat my PB. Nice to finally get a big fish this season after putting in so many days/hours.

yamafish
03-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Poxy,
Congrats on the Lloyd !
Really nice :Smile:

yamafish

Eat Sleep Fish
03-30-2009, 03:39 PM
hell of a fish. nice.

Trout Nine
03-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Poxy Boggards
Nice going on your new PB!

Mondo21
03-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Nice job out there Guys. Good to see you Alan. Thanks for the report and pics. Cindy:Smile:
P.S. Sorry about the knife.

Poxy Boggards
03-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks again for all the nice comments! I finally can say that one of my goals for this trout season has been crossed off the list. Now I just need a DD from the Vine...

troutdog
03-31-2009, 09:39 AM
AWESOME JOB WES...you are indeed a big fish slayer, can I get an autograph? Congrats buddy!

TD

Hitts0n
03-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Congrats man ! Good job ! I heard about this story from your fishing partner! looking forward to fishing with you again s00n !

fishndrinknsmokin
03-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Good job and what a great fish to land. Congrats on the PB! Thanks for the report and pics.

Joshua
03-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Did anyone else think of the seinfeld episode when Kramer and George's dad came up with the idea of male bra (the bro) after seeing that foto?

LOL Just having fun

Nice big fish too./

Poxy Boggards
03-31-2009, 03:27 PM
LOL, just checked the link and it was set to the wrong photo.... Photo links updated...

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Gmoney
03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
i finally get to check back in on fnn and this is what i see - wahoooooo
Great Job Wes!!
major props on the new PB

here is the latest link to your photo as they jacked it up again
http://www.fishingwebcam.com/corona24.jpg

hope to see ya soon....salt or fresh
G$

Poxy Boggards
04-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks G$! Let's get a trip planned.

Fisherman57
04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Congrats on the PB Wes! That is great!
Corona has been pumping out some beasts lately!

Dana

Poxy Boggards
04-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks Dana!

CASTAWAY
04-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Congrats on the PB!!!

MAN VS WILD
04-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Way to go on the PB Wes! I couldn't see the pics though, all I got was a blank photo. I'm sure it was a monster. Congrats!

FISH ON!!!

Poxy Boggards
04-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks Castaway and MVW!