PDA

View Full Version : One creative way that castrated cattle's testicles were used...

FreeWilly
03-29-2009, 10:51 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090328/ap_on_fe_st/odd_testicle_festival;_ylt=Aklguw1pNQ3sud70E.YXYj4 DW7oF

Seems like a smart, creative (and weird) way to raise some money from castrated cattle's genitals that might otherwise been sent to the dump. :)

Funny enough, this story made it to Yahoo's top Popular Stories for today. Seems like anything that has private parts or anything related to that gets people's attention in a snap, lol.

(Let me know if this breaks any rules - this subject might be a bit taboo for some...)

Nessie Hunter
03-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Seems like a smart, creative (and weird) way to raise some money from castrated cattle's genitals that might otherwise been sent to the dump. :)

Your young Willy...

Those Mtn oysters (Sweetbread) never make it to the DUMP???
People have been eating them for ever. Had a room mate circa 1979 that special ordered them at Stater Bro's, cuz they dont normally stock them..
Not cheap either.......

Nothing goes to waste at a slaughter house, trust me...
The blood is captured to make several types of Summer Sausage.
The intestines are cleaned and used to make casings on several types of sausage also...

It was a treat to eat Beef tongue when I was a kid. Still tastes good to me.
I didnt care for the brains or heart & liver...

Enjoy those hot dogs you eat, they are the scraps of beef & pork wrapped in guts...... LMAO...

Google it if you question this...

Granny Fish
03-30-2009, 11:13 AM
That's nothing new or unusual, though I guess if you've been raised in the city all your life where all you food comes in pretty packages it seems a bit unusual, not if you have been raised around farming/ranching people. There are mountian oyster festivals in nearly every state. The one in Virgina City was just a couple weeks ago. While I've never tasted them, mountain oysters are considered a delicacy by some.

City Dad
03-30-2009, 03:23 PM
That's nothing new or unusual, though I guess if you've been raised in the city all your life where all you food comes in pretty packages it seems a bit unusual, not if you have been raised around farming/ranching people. There are mountian oyster festivals in nearly every state. The one in Virgina City was just a couple weeks ago. While I've never tasted them, mountain oysters are considered a delicacy by some.

one of my earliest memories is of watching our neighbors castrate and brand. ONe fellow was flinging the testies as he cut them off and a single calf nut landed squarely on my little boot and stuck like snot to the leather. Scared the you-know-what out of me...
...but I still love me a nice, bloody steak ;) Never cared too much for organs though... too mineral-tasting... and the texture dosen't help much either.