PDA

View Full Version : Curado E, whats the deal?

Lightline
03-29-2009, 09:48 PM
I seen many guys selling their curado E's. Is there something not desirable about that reel?

I remember when the curado D came out and it was all about the D and not that many people were getting rid of them.

But now that there is the E series it seems that people are getting ride of it.

Whats the deal?

Any one own one and care to give a comparison on the pros and cons?

camman
03-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I know a couple guys who got rid of their Curado E's. The main culprit for them was the gear ratio....I think people want the generic 6.3:1 ratio which is common.

I own a 7:1 and IMO its better than the D series...

That Dang Guy
03-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Well the gear set can be replaced by the Citica gear set...and vice versa. Unfortuantely new drags are required in this change. But comparing the Curado E and D series is like night and day. The new E series outcasts and feels smoother than the D series. It's smaller and ligher as well. If there are any doubts, connect with someone who has an E series and cast with it.

HEMAN
03-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Well the gear set can be replaced by the Citica gear set...and vice versa. Unfortuantely new drags are required in this change. But comparing the Curado E and D series is like night and day. The new E series outcasts and feels smoother than the D series. It's smaller and ligher as well. If there are any doubts, connect with someone who has an E series and cast with it.

i agree.. i love my curado e's... although i need to start using that e7 more..

a biley
03-30-2009, 12:45 AM
i already own two, the only problem I have with it is sometimes the line gets caught between the frame and the spool when i get minor backlashes and pull it out.

other than that, it's a great reel!

but from what I hear, the older ones were great!

DarkShadow
03-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Of the guys that I've heard selling it, I know most of them were doing it because their tackle whoredom finally caught up to them, thanks to the economy.

As they said, "I wouldn't sell it if i didn't REALLY need the money."

(Great time to pick up some deals, btw)

newster
03-30-2009, 09:10 AM
I have owned the Bantams, the D, and now an e7. The e7 is tops. I sold both my 201d and Calcutta 401 TE and now just use a 301 e7. If I could describe it, it has the power of the Calcutta and the size and smoothness of the Curado.

samgann93
03-30-2009, 11:24 AM
i just sold my curado. nothing wrong with it, its an awesome reel.

lurk 182
03-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Of the guys that I've heard selling it, I know most of them were doing it because their tackle whoredom finally caught up to them, thanks to the economy.

As they said, "I wouldn't sell it if i didn't REALLY need the money."

(Great time to pick up some deals, btw)

exactly. i've got 2e7's and they're such strong reels for the size. if they'd make the e5 in a left retrieve, i'd have some of those too.

HEMAN
03-30-2009, 08:19 PM
i already own two, the only problem I have with it is sometimes the line gets caught between the frame and the spool when i get minor backlashes and pull it out.

other than that, it's a great reel!

but from what I hear, the older ones were great!

i had the 08 Curado 100.. and i loved the way it casted.. but i gotta admit.. these new ones are better.. and smaller.. color is eh. but otherwise.. awesome reels.

a biley
03-30-2009, 10:33 PM
color is eh.

pair it with the new dobyns champion extreme rod with the reel seat nearly the same color, then it won't be eh!

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageDCASTROD-DCECT.html

lol that's gonna be my rod I swear. I'm aiming by Summer

HEMAN
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
pair it with the new dobyns champion extreme rod with the reel seat nearly the same color, then it won't be eh!

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageDCASTROD-DCECT.html

lol that's gonna be my rod I swear. I'm aiming by Summer

nice.... i am kind of in the market to find a nice cranking stick for my e5, but i also need a jerkbait rod for my e7... BUT i wanna save up for the Aldeberan too... (PM me if you are serious bout it, got a pretty good deal so far and maybe we can get a group buy discount)

a biley
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
nice.... i am kind of in the market to find a nice cranking stick for my e5, but i also need a jerkbait rod for my e7... BUT i wanna save up for the Aldeberan too... (PM me if you are serious bout it, got a pretty good deal so far and maybe we can get a group buy discount)

new gear sucks.... sucks as in you always want more that is! I'll let you know how my wallet feels in a couple months lol. I still want that MG you have