PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 3/28

The Angler
03-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Heres a little report from yesterday i was to tired to post when i got home so here it is today.

we where about the 20th car in yesterday and immeditly as we paid my cousins dad & mine jumped out the car to get the toon before they were all out. Lines were in the water around 6:45 a.m. and seemed a little slow until about 8:00 a.m. Usually everyone bets 5 bucks each for the person who gets the first fish. So we all through our cash in the tackle box. For some reason i just felt i was going to catch the record trout today and i for sure wasnt leaving without it. I kept telling everyone the fish is waiting for me. then bam my line gets hit. A nice little trout, No trophy trout in site so i through it on the stinger and cast out again. about 15 minutes later i get hit really hard my pole jumped up and almost went overboard!!!! i got ahold of it quick and feel this fish fighting like no other. I definitly knew it was going to be a big one. My dad yells to me " set your drag or your going to lose it" So i quickly adjust to what felt right at the time. Then we see the fish shoot out of the water like a rocket ! my cousins dad yell DAAAMMMNN did you guys see that. as the fish gets closer i see its not my trophy fish but pretty good size, It definitly was a tailwalker cause this thing fought like it was a 10 pound fish and flew about 2 feet out of the water. My dad gets the net and we land it. But we notice it has a big chuck of its nose missing? Looked like he got bit pretty good by some other fish or something. Then my cousins says " i wanna catch The fish that did that to it" so we through it on the stringer and things get slow from here. It started to get pretty warm out around 10:00 we head to the store for some nightcrawlers and some dude rolls up wit the ice chest and pulls out a monster 15 Lb trout he just caught at the dam. The fishing was really slow we werent noticing anyone catching anything. Things rolled along we moved to a whole bunch of different spots and got into an argument with some folks fishing from shore. we where fishing a little off shore in the boat when these guys show up cast out and get tangled with my line then they start yelling for us to get the **** out of here & all this bullshit my cousin yels back U guys move **** you we move out casue the spot was dead i decied to use a kastmaster.Me being the arogent bastard i am tell everyone while rigging up " You know your a Real fishiermen when u catch your fish wit some lures instead of rollin up some power bait & waiting around" Then they let me have it so the trash talking started up and as soon as i cast out bam i get hit . I was like yea thats how i do it with all my cockyness. around this time everyones had enough of me cause im the only guy catching fishing. The fish turned out to be a little crappie so i tossed it back in and collected another 5 bucks cause my dad threw in another 5 bucks for the person u catches the next fish. My cousin fianlly ended up catching one then we called it a day. Ill have the few picks up in awhile for some reason my computer isnt sync up my iphone?

Total count for the day was
Me = 2 trout, 1 Crappie
My dad = Skunk
Cousin = 1 trout (the smallest one)
Cousins dad = Skunk

The Angler
04-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Late pics

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc262/jgm3100/iphonepictures022.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc262/jgm3100/iphonepictures021.jpg

[IMG]http://i214