PDA

View Full Version : Smb 3-28-09

trlrtrsh67
03-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Not a great report since I didn't use the camera but here it is.

Launched around 830-900am and realized I forgot the frozen squid so we get a 1/2 scoop of dines to slab out and headed towards the north end of the bay. Was looking for a party boat up there dropping for rockfish since I don't have any coordinates to plug into the gps as of yet. No luck, so we head back to just off of Malibu and found 3 boats driffting a spot so we moved into the rotation. The meter lights up and we start tying up dropper loops and I figure out what else I forgot...my tackle tray with all my hooks in it!! Search around and find 2 trays in the boat tackle bin some big old rusty hooks that would've been better suited to anchor the Queen Mary... note to self, implemment a check list for next trip!!! Ended up with only 2 decent size reds and I kept 10 sanddabs to try out since everyone says they're so tasty.

Took a 45 min run across the bay to try out Palos Verde area kelp and as we pull in motor sputters and dies. I set the hook and start tinkering around and figure the problem to be the kill switch. The whole time tied up at the kelp and nobody was home so we move up to the pipe off of El Segundo and drift through there a hand full of times for no love either. Back on the trailer at 630-700pm.

Pretty slow fishin, beautiful & warm day on the water, and what the hell...I was there and not here!

Next weekend 2-day on the Big Game 90 outta Long Beach, wish me luck! Later

ghetto dad
03-29-2009, 12:28 PM
:ROFL::ROFL:

nice report man....sounds like a great day homie....have a good time on the BG, dont forget your rods and reels.....

GD

JapanRon
03-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Hi trlrtrsh67,

Nice little report and a good PSA for those forgetful folks that sometimes focus on the boat and assume the fishing gear is all set !!

No need of a camera for a quality report in my book .... just more entertaining to the casual reader.

JapanRon

TShaffer
03-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Man I think we've all had those days. And like JapanRon said, no need for pics with an entertaining report like that.

trlrtrsh67
03-29-2009, 09:12 PM
dont forget your rods and reels.....
GD

Added to list, man I would hate to have to handline for 2 days!

Tshaffer and JapanRon...thanks, it could've been a worse report! We did catch something at least and the life jackets didn't even come out once during the day!!!

ghetto dad
03-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Added to list, man I would hate to have to handline for 2 days!

Tshaffer and JapanRon...thanks, it could've been a worse report! We did catch something at least and the life jackets didn't even come out once during the day!!!

Youre gona have a great trip brother...wish i was going with you man

GD

britheguy
03-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Ouch man! I always seem to forget stuff too, money, tackle, where I am going.

At least you didn't get discouraged and caught some fish, thats the spirit.

Better luck next time!