PDA

View Full Version : 1st Catch at Cerritos Regional 3/28 (pics)

Jaysuuun
03-29-2009, 02:54 AM
1st time back at Cerritos Regional after moving to Garden Grove a few months ago. Only fished the lake a couple of times with no luck but came back to practice my casting and DS tech. Wasn't really expecting to catch anything but managed to hook into this beauty (while pulling a birdsnest outta my reel, lol):

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/xotessox8/regionalbass.jpg

Caught and safely released into the murky water (next to 3 floating catfish):

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/xotessox8/regionalrelease.jpg

I haven't caught a largemouth since my move to SoCal so I was pretty excited. Had a nice little pond to fish in up north that was loaded with bass that no poachers knew about. :Secret: I wish there was something like that down here! LMB are always so fun to catch.

HESBROS
03-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Ummmmm, what happened to the paper you had to write?
Nice fish, maybe you get get backlashes nore often.....

a biley
03-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Nice, never seen you there before, I used to go there 3 times a week at least. Hook on 3 solid fish, all came off. One even snapped my hook.

Jaysuuun
03-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Ummmmm, what happened to the paper you had to write?
Nice fish, maybe you get get backlashes nore often.....

LOL! Well after NPH with you, Tess was determined to practice her casting and DS tech and I wanted to experiment with my bait casting gear (hence the backlash!). The park is right around the corner from her parents house. In fact we didn't expect to catch any fish. But I'm not complaining. :Wink:

Nice, never seen you there before, I used to go there 3 times a week at least. Hook on 3 solid fish, all came off. One even snapped my hook.

Well when we were living in Cerritos, we fished regional a couple of times, but we never caught any fish. So we never fished it ever again. Lately we've been fishing NPH for the spotties and needed a place to practice. I guess we were at the right place at the right time. Sorry to hear about the lost fish. We may be back sometime, PM me if you end up going back. We came across a couple of guys that said there was a "nest", know anything about that?

a biley
03-29-2009, 10:08 PM
We came across a couple of guys that said there was a "nest", know anything about that?

SHHH! they are basically done there anyways, i heard some jackass kept an 8 lb though

Jaysuuun
03-29-2009, 10:21 PM
SHHH! they are basically done there anyways, i heard some jackass kept an 8 lb though

Oh, I meant the birdsnest in my reel. :Secret: 8 POUNDS?! Holy crap. Wouldn't think one of those would be in there. Damn poachers. With all the dead floating catfish, I don't know who would want to eat anything out of there anyway.

lilmystery246
03-29-2009, 10:47 PM
very beautiful bass =] nice catch ive never been there but i hope i get a chance to go one day =]

fisherman9
03-30-2009, 12:07 PM

yeah, a few weeks back he did keep him. It was upsetting, one guy starting swearing him out.

Jaysuuun
03-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Well, in all fairness people do have a right to take home fish they catch as long as it's within regulation. But it does suck that people take home fish from a lake that doesn't have very many bass in it and is hit hard by fisherman. It spoils the fishing in local lakes for everyone.

Tesserz
03-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Well, in all fairness people do have a right to take home fish they catch as long as it's within regulation.

Who's side are you on anyway??? LOL :Wink:

a biley
03-31-2009, 07:50 PM
so I finally landed one today also!

basscatcher
03-31-2009, 07:51 PM
good job bro, a biley its about time you pull a fish from there.

God BLess

basscatcher

Jaysuuun
04-01-2009, 12:10 PM

Good job on the bass! I have to get back out there sometime again. What did you catch it on?

Tesserz
04-01-2009, 12:34 PM

Great job! I grew up in Cerritos and never thought anyone could pull bass outta there. My brother and cousin caught something but they weren't sure what it was. Their bait: popcorn and cheese. :EyePop:

a biley
04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Good job on the bass! I have to get back out there sometime again. What did you catch it on?

water seemed murky, so I decided with a black grape robo t-rigged. I might go there for a while perhaps 4-6... I need to stay local today. My buddies already left for the honeyhole... I can't go w/ them tonight.

Great job! I grew up in Cerritos and never thought anyone could pull bass outta there. My brother and cousin caught something but they weren't sure what it was. Their bait: popcorn and cheese. :EyePop:

lol I'll be there today... if any of you see me, chat w/ me

Tesserz
04-01-2009, 02:47 PM
lol I'll be there today... if any of you see me, chat w/ me

Jaysuuun might be there for a little bit after work today... not sure what time... but if he sees you out there I'm sure he'll say what's up. But we're gonna hit up NPH around 6ish (after I get off work). I want to add a spottie to my list of species! :Razz:

craznazn
04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Nice fishes...suppose to be trout plant there this week...

Tesserz
04-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Nice fishes...suppose to be trout plant there this week...

I didn't even know they plant trout in there, lol. I guess that's why a bunch of people fish there. I'd be afraid to eat anything outta there. :Confused: