PDA

View Full Version : weekdays?

aoessand
03-29-2009, 01:33 AM
ive only been to irvine a few times and always on saturday and its always really busy, i was wondering how busy it is mon-thrus? would i still have to get there at like 2am for a good spot in line? im tring to go to like trout island or the flats as ive only been on the west shore and thats just too much of a hike on a solo trip...

Crab
03-29-2009, 08:32 AM
no worries bro.Get there around 5:30-5:45 and the line might be 10cars deep.I usually get there at 6 and its just about that.I hear boat dock cove has been pretty good too btw.
good luck

rufustf
03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I won't even go sat. or sun. because it's to crowded. I saw a pic of the west shore on a sat. and thought "Geez, I ain't doing that!" I think I saw that pic here somewhere. It was also when the water was a lot lower and there was more easily accessible shoreline. Water is getting higher and higher too.

Weekdays provide more elbow room and less crossed lines.

If you don't mind it being crowded, though, you're likely to have a pretty good day whenever you go. Folks there are pretty cool all around and the staff is helpful and polite, and I pretty much always can have friendly dialogue with whoever my "neighbor" is that day.

aoessand
03-29-2009, 06:47 PM
ya last weekend was the final straw for me i we camped over night up on the west shore and it was cold and just really nasty with bugs, then about 30 minutes of fishing i get these 2 guys who literally come outta no where and set up in between me and a buddy, we where spaced maybe 20 feet away... needless to say those punks crossed my line soo many times i had to say gtfo of here... so thats why im try'n to go to a different spot and during the week...

thnx for the replys im headed out there on Tuesday next week i think :)

Mondo21
03-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Weekdays are way better. Good luck out there. Cindy:Smile:

dixoncider
03-29-2009, 07:14 PM
I have never been on a weekend and only once have I even paid at the gate. Usually have to go into the tackle shop to pay. Since trout island is actually and island now usually have it all to yourself if you can get out there.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/dixoncider/0311091225.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/dixoncider/0311091134.jpg

SteveH
03-29-2009, 08:14 PM
I'll be there tomorrow.
Mondays are my day to slay at the vine!
Tight lines..