PDA

View Full Version : Humphreys basin?

Crawler
03-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey everybody, Planning a sierra backpack trip for later this year and I think we have settled on humphreys basin out of bishop. My research has told me that fish have been removed from Marmot, Cony, and No Good lakes to help restore the damn yellow legged mountain frog. I aslo read a report from a few years ago that stated that Golden Trout lakes were also fishless, although I have read other reports to the contrary. We plan on staying in humphreys basin and fishing the area between Desolation, golden trout, and Goethe lakes.

Can anyone confirm which lakes are fishless?

Any tips on what waters to hit up, and which ones I should avoid?

Any help or info on this area would be majorly appreciated. :Beer Toast:

Sierra_Smitty
03-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Hey everybody, Planning a sierra backpack trip for later this year and I think we have settled on humphreys basin out of bishop. My research has told me that fish have been removed from Marmot, Cony, and No Good lakes to help restore the damn yellow legged mountain frog. I aslo read a report from a few years ago that stated that Golden Trout lakes were also fishless, although I have read other reports to the contrary. We plan on staying in humphreys basin and fishing the area between Desolation, golden trout, and Goethe lakes.

Can anyone confirm which lakes are fishless?

Any tips on what waters to hit up, and which ones I should avoid?

Any help or info on this area would be majorly appreciated. :Beer Toast:

This is an excellent tool put up by the DFG - and is very accurate.

http://imaps.dfg.ca.gov/viewers/fishing_guide/app.asp

Crawler
03-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks Smitty. :Smile: